The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1782778978484322441

Guardian running it too.

I need convincing on him.

1 Like

All guess work though…

A quarter pounder interests me but I’ve given up beef.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1782779267161473186

I still think this is kind of negotiation tactic, all part of the game.
They told us Edwards wouldn´t come back several times…

But let´s have a look…

Change the thread title to
“Big Slot to fill…”

2 Likes

Join the club.

Or you open, I’ll join.

Whichever you prefer, doesn’t really matter.

Amorim out of the running according to Reddy. Seems like Slot is the No.1 choice.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1782783056002142550

1 Like

this is an old video, i just wanted to have a look at him and how he comes across in english interviews @Maria

edit

1 Like

Happy London GIF by SPORT1

When did he start coaching football?

If people were enthusiastic about the idea of Amorim, I don’t know why you then wouldn’t be about Slot.

Bit annoying we’re going to have stop mocking bald managers now though.

3 Likes

Think Feyenoord are mainly in a 4-3-3 (and not 4-2-3-1 as Joyce says), switching the structure here and there with a clearer #10 or a defender tucking inside.

1 Like

Looks like it’s performing good stuff on a modest budget that has appealed to Edwards and co.

3 Likes

I don’t think it is to do with baldness. I loved the actor Ross Kemp in Eastenders and his documentaries on ‘most dangerous gangs in the world’ and he’s bald. Personality/charisma plays a huge part as well as talent, communication skills, flexibility, intelligence and the ability to do the job you are given.

Speak for yourself.

I was all carrying on the idea of mocking Fat Sam when Rodgers was in charge.

There’s plenty of fair reasons that could contribute to this.

• Amorim is going to win a second title this year. Slot is finishing second to a team who sacked their manager last summer and lost Sangare and Xavi Simmons.
  • Amorim’s sporting knocked Arsenal out the Europa league last season who will be a rival for Liverpool next season.
  • more respect for the Portuguese league than the Dutch.

There’s some unfair reasons.

• Loads won’t have heard of him before.
  • Loads of people won’t like him cos he feels too much like Ten Haag.

But let’s be honest, it’s the hair. It’s always the hair.

1 Like

Slot?!? Strange name. I’ve never heard of him.

But that’s exactly what we need: a guy with extensive international experience in several top leagues, both as a player and as a coach, who has already won important trophies in top leagues, and has a proven track-record in Europe. The Dutch Amorim.

Bring him in. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Respectfully, i don’t think it is the hair. Let’s see how he comes across in interviews. Does he win the fans and skeptics over?
He has to do his homework and understand the culture of the club, people and the city.

1 Like

His domestic credentials would stand up a lot better if there was at least a normal strength Ajax to compete with, but there isnt so that makes success in a weak dutch league even less compelling. I am sure there is more to his candidacy than just winning the league, but it does seem to me like that should significantly downgrade the importance of it

2 Likes