The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

What disturbs you about it? It’s obvious that they are there to take away pressure from the coaches, and I find it quite healthy to be honest.

You need a change in your name :kissing_heart:

Don’t mix up the words Hope and Expectation. They haven’t the same meaning. :wink:

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe I’m older than you… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll let you that point if it makes you happy. :+1:

Ok Statler and Waldorf.

1 Like

Get a room.

1 Like

I had you as a “looks is for pussies” guy…
What’s next we’re going to hear from you…

1 Like

See you seem so predictable, and yet you vary your game…nice.

So to sum up, you’re not a fuckwit, you don’t believe in superstitions, you look good, and you aren’t happy (and you’re consequently not a fool).

Ok, will keep in mind :smiling_face:

I want to see good football, some excitement, goals, and defensive solidity. I want a clear pattern of play to emerge, and the players to be playing for the manager. I want to see the working. I also want to see the character of the manager shine through. It’s impossible to completely define that, but you know it when you see it.

Once we get that going, the sky is the limit.

Top four is the bare minimum for me, preferably a title challenge. Then knockout stages in the CL, preferably QF or better, but a lot of that is on the draw.

We have a very good squad. Some will depart, but we will bring others in, and we have form for doing well in the market under Edwards and co.

2 Likes

Oh! My notes from your cogisms are very smudgy right now…I need a new pad…

Nobody should be getting sacked if a title challenge doesn’t materialise, but equally there is no reason to expect the squad shouldn’t be building on what they have done this year.

2 Likes

While I do feel this will be a case of evolution not revolution for the squad, definitely a good thing in my eyes, the players are still going to have to learn a whole bunch of new stuff and, probably, unlearn a fair amount as well. I expect to see us defending differently and some players could see their roles change substantially.

So, while we’re not quite tearing up the blueprint, I do think there is going to be a necessary period of adjustment and learning what Slot requires, and consequently if we can secure a CL spot in 12 months’ time I’ll consider that very much job done.

9 Likes

Yeah a few cup runs (cup win) and top 4 though 5 might be fine next year would be my hopes.

Winning the CL or PL. That’s what makes a successful season at Liverpool every year

Sounds more apt

Mix em up each and everyday

All the above, but if a pattern of play is clear, then won’t it be easy to counter :wink:

Prefer a clear football identity or philosophy.

Can’t see why,unless there is a mass exodus why we should aspire to very close to where we are now,under Slot,with a nice little European bauble thrown in.

I was mainly thinking of Bob Paisley probably the last to succeed someone in this manner.

He did finish second the year after so I may have misjudged how average his first season was against what was to come.

I’m just trying to find parallel, as most want to say Dalglish I don’t think it’s there, that was mid season and as shocking as Klopp’s resignation was I do think he’s left us in a good place however some want to sell every single player on here.

The team Houllier left wasn’t very good (though CL winners most of them so credit to them). And Hodgson just isn’t comparable with anything here.

The Ferguson one has also been mentioned but that team was on its last legs and you have to remember Ferguson had been there for close to 20 years.

We just won’t see that again, Klopp is the second longest serving behind the bloke at Harrogate who seems to be there for life.

Pep and Robins at Swindon are a year behind, crazy thing is if a manager lasts a year they are already in the top half of longest serving managers :wink:

1 Like