The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Love it.

Bonus points for the shade thrown at Utd and their bald fraud.

We’re a sneaky chance for the league in 24/25.

2 Likes

Johnny Rep seems to agree with you

2 Likes

“He’s the kind of guy who walks into a room and his d*ck’s already been there for 2 minutes.”

:joy:

That Adam Crafton tweet - I mean it’s good (to have not lost two consecutive games for 3 years), but it’s not really a clear stat - what’s the win rate? A five game streak of LDLDL would be crisis territory in these parts. Heck, WWWDW is crisis territory some days!

Maybe, but I find all the talk about Edwards in this thread rather misleading, especially with regards about him wanting a yes man, surely what Edwards wants is much less relevant, unless we’re ready to break the structure before it’s even formally implemented.

Absolutely.

Just the bits with Jonah Hill in right?

I think the relevance of the stat is that it is saying his teams don’t slump. One bad result doesn’t breed another bad result.

Something that can be levelled as us in the Klopp era is that we do tend to hit bad runs where we look like we can’t buy a win.

1 Like

I see your glass half-full and I raise you a glass half-empty: what happens when Slot’s Liverpool hit a bad patch since he obviously doesn’t have experience with bad patches of form? How will he pick them up?

1 Like

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

This is key to motivation

Who raises empty glasses?

Fascinating tradition I’ve not heard of I assume.

1 Like

Bar staff

2 Likes

By winning.

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Half-empty!

I can’t for the life of me understand why any manager/coach wouldn’t want this

Less hassle? More time to coach the players? It all depends on the ‘manager’s’ operational style of course.

1 Like

Exactly. I remember a Souness interview where he was saying that he was involved in everything including setting players contracts etc.
Just utterly stupid way of doing things but that’s the way it used to be.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I meant. Every manager should be open to this. Similarly, every good leader in any field wants to have as much support and information as possible

I think the answer to your question is obvious: he’ll first be hounded to no end by the English media, players will start to get nervous, the bad streak will go on, the supporters will become impatient, and then he’ll finally get the sack.

In an alternative reality, he’ll manage to maintain his course and to convince everyone at the club that it’s the right way. The results will then follow if his intial anylysis of the situation was correct (otherwise, go back to the first paragraph).

The problem with the second alternative is that, due to his lack of reputation (for instance compared to Rafa or Klopp when they came in) he’ll be against it at the start. He’ll have to start very well in order to get everyone on board as early as possible.