The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

deleted - what did it say?

Hi everyone, from what I’ve seen, read and heard I’m quite upbeat about Arne Slot.

13 Likes

Welcome back. Hope everything has been okay.

3 Likes

Thank you. Just looking out for my Mum and juggling life. But in general I’m fine.

17 Likes

That’s the bit that worries me the most when we appoint new managers Klopp was pretty good at handling the press but it was tough even for him having to answer questions from real sharks

Welcome back LaurazRed. We missed you.

6 Likes

Obviously pissed him off at times. He was blunt enough to say it too. The guy has a mesmeric way of dealing with the press which endears him to fans of all colours and flags. We’ll never see his like again which is a shame. However there’s always something better round the corner as my parents always told me camping as a kid. They were usually right. Isabella was epic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to break it to you but your parents were talking shite to stop your moaning on the camping trip. Sometimes there’s a bear or a Roy Hodgson round the corner

1 Like

Yeah but if you’re scared of what’s round the corner, you stay home.

1 Like

Nobody understands what you’re talking about. Please rewrite.

Erm, just because Klopp is almost a god amongst men doesn’t mean that his successor won’t be better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Say that then

I’m quietly confident with this managerial appointment.

Slot seems to tick all boxes (except being a winner in a top European league).

Seems to handle media well and his tactics seem similar enough to Klopp that wholesale changes to the squad aren’t required.

2 Likes

Still waiting for @Bekloppt to change his username to BeSlott

3 Likes

Won’t happen for a couple of weeks yet. Klopp is still the boss atm

1 Like

The Shankly / Paisley scenario.

4 Likes

The crossiest of fingers.

I think I will need to see how the first 10 or so games go before I can form an opinion - it is just too early.

With Klopp, with where we were coming from and the mountains we had to climb, there was a different vibe at the onset and he pretty much delivered from the onset, right from the first press conference.

With Slot, collectively, we (fans) are not sure of what to expect in terms of future expectation and so to me he feels like a “safe” choice. Any outcome will not rock the ship too much and the chances are he will continue to navigate the waters Klopp steered us into and not deviate too much… hopefully with similar success!

I think there are some similarities in terms that the next manager will be inheriting a decent squad and first class facilities. I wonder whether Slot will have Paisley’s ruthlessness, or is the new set-up taking those tough decisions out of his hands?

Definitely fingers crossed, though.

3 Likes

Two-slot, ham-slot, cod-slot, slotter, slotted.

The possibilities are endless.

For him, BeSlotted probably would be the best. As in besotted. Though it maybe best to wait for performances to warrant it.