The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Slot has usually been happy to work with whatever he had, but obviously he is now working on a scale of resource he didn’t have before and will face new challenges (clubs having to sell players regularly allows for natural churn of squad - but as we saw with Klopp, no longer having to sell risks a potential decline as they the team ages together. Few managers have the ability or ruthlessness to rip out the spine of their team to rebuild.

It will also be interested to see how relaxed Slot is about letting players leave if they want out - Klopp has always preferred to let them go than try to force them to stay.

I imagine as long as there isn’t too much churn at anyone time, and the recruitment team are bringing in the right type of players, the new set up should work well on the turnover.

Under Klopp retaining the same key players did allow for incremental improvement of the team allowing us to push for titles. As we are seeing this season, loss of much of that experience probably requires some of that incremental improvement needing to be relearned…

4 Likes

He should change it back to Craig Johnston. He’s fooling no-one.

Beslotted is tempting, but I think it will take a while for Arne to reach Jürgen levels of adoration. I will love JK forever and thus see no reason to change.

I thank you all for your concern.

Btw where’s Gone Kloppo gone?

4 Likes

I haven’t changed my avatar. For brand recognition purposes.

Last I heard he was on the Sunshine Coast.

My bet is a shark got him :rofl:

I think they’re a bit more discerning up there.

6 Likes

cheers

All these posts should probably go in the Michael Edwards topic…

A lot of new names, some old, but also some very similar roles, at least in titles.

Liverpool: Edwards (CEO of football), Hughes (sporting director), Ward (technical director), Marques (director of football development).

United: Berrada (CEO), Ashworth (sporting director), Wilcox (technical director).

Dutch manager Arne Slot is set to move into Jurgen Klopp’s current house in Formby when he succeeds the German as Liverpool boss. (Mirror)

Is that the Steven Gerrard house that BR also lived in?

2 Likes

Sloppy Fourths.

1 Like

Yep. The club bought it a while back. I’m not sure on Slot’s personal life, if he is married, has kids, or what. If he comes with a family, it’s a nice place for them too.

Edit
Just looked it up. He has a wife named Mirjam, and two kids, a boy and girl. Good luck to them all. I hope they settle well and feel at home.

6 Likes

Meh, he’s Dutch.

It’s the caretakers cottage.

4 Likes

YNWA as Feyernoord close out a 3-2 road victory against 10 man NEC

2 Likes

He will need to know where his local pub is well.

3 Likes

Puts them one point short of their league winning total of 82 from last season. Have one match left at home against a team fighting to stay out of relegation playoff.

1 Like

And again with a 4-3-3

1 Like

I’m glad they have continued to win games once the rumours have come out.

6 Likes