The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I thought it was Stevie, while lil’ Mickey Owen wanted Rafa - and then promptly fucked off before he even started.

I don’t know Slot. I don’t know what to expect from him.
But I hope we can:

1. Continue to play exciting football
  2. Continue to have the iron will
  3. Don’t play pathetic anti-football
  4. Don’t be a dick on and off the field
5 Likes

If I had any previous doubts about Slot’s appointment, I’m now really comforted, thanks to Brendan. :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

If BR comes out and says “nah - he’s not got the minerals for the job” would be be celebrating the Slot appointment? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d be confused.

1 Like

I’d be wondering who gives a fuck what he thinks or says.

3 Likes

Which is my point…

2 Likes

From the Echo;

Arne Slot has arrived in Merseyside as the new Liverpool FC head coach was spotted enjoying a night at an acclaimed restaurant.

The 45-year-old has been confirmed as the Reds’ new boss and will take over from Jurgen Klopp next season. The Dutchman has already arrived in the region as he was pictured enjoying a meal at Moor Hall Restaurant last night.

Any thoughts @cynicaloldgit ? Can they roast a spatchcock? Are they competent with truffles? Is the wine list pleasing?

3 Likes

Are their chips a soggy mess ?

2 Likes

Isn’t there a separate thread to discuss United?

1 Like

Speaking of spatchcock, got that down to a tee now. Spatchcock a chicken and stick it in the smoker outside, chill out, ba-da-boom - tender, moist, perfectly cooked chicken, with a delicate smoky flavor.

How much are we paying Slot? Moor Hall looks like a John Henry or an CoG establishment!

1 Like
2 Likes

I have :wink:

7 Likes

https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1793983604785394031

2 Likes

You Win This Time Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

Pleb

8 Likes

Putting this piece by Pearce about Lijnders in this thread because it has some interesting insight into how he factored into the search for a replacement

For all the talk of him saying it was his choice to move on with Klopp, he admits in this piece that it was Liverpool who officially made the decision with Gordon calling him in Feb to tell him they werent going to offer him the job. He talks about having repeatedly rejected the idea of taking over when it was raised in unofficial conversations over the previous couple of years, but what comes across is a man who wanted it but deep down knew he wasnt going to get it so put effort into crafting the story he could tell himself about why it was best he leaves with Klopp. He even admits that for as convincing a story as he developed he knew things might be different if he was actually offered the job.

3 Likes

I’ve seen some recent social media of someone else in front of the Lennon art at Moor Hall.

I’m sure it was Klopp

1 Like

Even he knew he would have been highly unsuitable; thank fuck the club didn’t just take the ‘easy’ choice.

No offence, but you are starting to sound like @Thomas1195 does when it comes to Jones.