The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Animation Kids GIF by Thomas And Friends

2 Likes

On sale from 1st June apparently at the club shop…

9 Likes

Did Dane win a competition or can we all have masks in the club shop :rofl:

3 Likes

https://x.com/Arneslotfanpage/status/1785007336236494915

1 Like

Why are we selling Dermot Gallagher masks?

3 Likes

It could be Rotterdam or anywhere
Liverpool or Rome
Wherever Arne manages
He’ll never need a comb…never need a comb

Whoever invented that deserves a medal.

19 Likes

That’s going to happen, isn’t it.

I mean Jürgen gave us the Live is Life chant which, frankly, I was rather glad he did in English because when it’s sung in German it can go to some really dark places:

2 Likes

Live is Life is such a dreary, trudging tune.

2 Likes

Not when Laibach does it. They just terrify me to my core.

2 Likes

The swastika motifs certainly don’t help! :nauseated_face: Can any of our Deutsch advise whether this would be caught by the German ban?

This version with video is great though:

4 Likes

My then-girlfriend ran out of the room screaming the first time I played this. Obviously, it was on Halloween and with the lights off.

3 Likes

It was a piss take originally, but they are actually touring the anniversary release of that album in Germany at the moment:

I feel like I’ve rather sullied Arne’s thread now. Here, have something cheery and Dutch:

Now someone needs to use that in a chant!

2 Likes

I would hope that Arne will have his own dedicated thread once he is in place. This thread is more about the search for Klopp’s replacement.

1 Like

Surely ‘Arne Slot - Head Coach’ is the definition of a thread specifically about him!? We just continue here; no doubt there will be much digression upon his inability to master the comb and penchant for understated and subtle Dutch diplomacy, but this is surely where all things Liverpool manager will reside for the foreseeable future.

There are thousands of posts in this thread before Slot was appointed and the thread title has only been changed recently.

Edit: it’s post 1671 on 20th April where the first link to Slot is posted. Apart from @StevieJayUSA who identified him early, nobody mentioned Arne before that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I love Life is Life, whatever language it is sung in.:blush: I even downloaded the English version and and the remix version.

2 Likes

This cover version is pretty good by Edwyn Collins.

3 Likes