The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

How did these songs Slot into this thread?

:coat:

4 Likes

How many games until we have enough information to write the lyrics for the Slot version?

1 Like

Mor sure, but this a Dutch band from the late sixties I think.

Great melody and chorus!

We could sing ‘slot’s got it, he’s got it’.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks @Livvy it reassured me a little bit listening to Lynch that we might be ok after Klopp

3 Likes

As reported by Algemeen Dagblad, the Reds’ new head coach wants Etienne Reijnen – one of his assistants in Rotterdam – to join him at Anfield, but the 37-year-old doesn’t have the requisite coaching qualifications for a Premier League position.

He’d also need to acquire a work permit, which has become more difficult to obtain in England, and regulations prevented him from accompanying Slot in the Feyenoord dugout. He’d instead take up a position in the stands in the official role of ‘analyst and technical staff advisor’, rather than assisant coach.

3 Likes

So the guy doesn’t have the qualifications to take a job that he also didnt have the qualifications for in the Dutch league?

5 Likes

Dutch league accept CSEs.

(One for the oldies)

5 Likes

Shame he is kind of good looking.

2 Likes

he’s not just a piece of eye candy, Matty LOL.

3 Likes

Former Ajax midfielder Marciano Vink has explained how Slot manages players. He revealed how the Dutchman isn’t afraid to substitute underperforming stars.

“It’s going to be a lot similar to Klopp but this is going to be even more exciting if he gets the time because in the beginning, he’s going to substitute players if they don’t bring what he wants," Vink, who now commentates on the Dutch game, told ESPN.

"He’s really hard on that. If you don’t bring what he wants and what he demands, he’s substituting, it doesn’t matter who you are or how big you’re name is.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

The time has come, Arne Slot starts his new job as head coach today. It feels strangely wistful but also a little exciting about what we can expect now. I’m trying to see it as a new opportunity for everyone to develop and improve. But of course there is also a lot of skepticism and uncertainty.

Maybe he will surprise us in a positive way or we will go back from believers to doubters.

I will certainly need some time until it feels “normal” for me again.

4 Likes

“You welcome the new manager like you welcomed me. You go all-in from the first day.”

From Klopp himself.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Didn’t half the crowd leave the game early :wink:

1 Like

I think we will do brilliantly under Arne, i’m excited to see him continue Jurgen’s legacy.

1 Like

Didn’t Old Whisky Nose say something similar about Gollum?

1 Like

Is that Ole or Moyes ?

1 Like