The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Imagine that gormless prick Xavi telling the Kop to quiet down so he can concentrate.

1 Like

Knowing our crowd he wouldn’t need to ask on some occasions

1 Like

This is great. This was the betting market after we sacked Brendan. Look at the names on it…

Maybe this points to a reality that managers with potential can have their career go off the rails if they make the wrong decision and end up at the wrong club. Or maybe it says that people dont know their arse from their elbow when imaging what person out there would do well.

2 Likes

Walter Mazzzarri :joy:

For me, it would be enough to have a training clip of Xabi and Trent catapulting long passes to each other.

That’s something I’d pay to watch and listen(!) that ball pop off their Predators.

:joy: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Even with Klopp going, I don’t see a mass exodus of players.

As much as the fairytale would be Klopp doing a u-turn. I’ve come to accept he will be gone.

Alonso or Nagelsmann for me, the only concern I have over Nagelsmann is that the euros are this summer.

Overall I think the person has already been selected, especially if the club knew of Klopps decision in November.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want to leave? The team is refreshed and reinvigorated; we’re already the best team in the country (refs be damned), and among the best in Europe.

Although it’s a shame that Jürgen is leaving, the future of Liverpool Football Club is very bright indeed. Any player thinking of leaving us now needs his head examined.

4 Likes

I’m just thankful Gareth Southgate hasn’t been linked, especially since he’s supposedly leaving England after the Euros.

1 Like

I couldn’t have worded it better, I was merely stating that because some people may have that thought process of

If Tuchel has eyes for the Barcelona job, the Bayern Munich potentially job opens up, which could make things a bit more inconvenient if Bayern are in for Xabi Alonso.

Hopefully we have Xabi all but lined up already.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry, I think they look a bit average.

De Zerbi was asked about the Liverpool job.

De Zerbi was directly asked by reporters whether or not the Liverpool vacancy was something that he had thought about. But the Brighton boss was giving little away and he brushed off the question without ruling anything out.

“Now it is not my focus,” De Zerbi said after his side knocked Sheffield United out of the FA Cup. “My focus is on my players, my team, my fans, my club. We have a lot of things to reach this season and then we will see [about] the future.”

The plot thickens now Xavi announced his departure, Arteta’s name has cropped up, even though it is a rumour. I wish Guardiola would go back to Barcelona and all! :neutral_face:

https://x.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1751705055395188871?s=20

Barça Universal? They sound totally unbiased.

5 Likes

https://x.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1751692365545279497?s=20

I am surprised Hansi Flick hasn’t been mentioned for Liverpool, just saying, as most of us want Xabi which is understandable.

He doesn’t want to be Xabi’s shadow again.

1 Like

Biesla for 12 months then Xabi.

Leave Xabi with half the team on the treatment table, and 4-3s every week :sweat_smile:

He is always on the move, because with the exception of Mainz, he was always terminated. And since the Dortmund days, he always ended having bad blood with the club management. As great as some think he is a football tactician, not a right person for us

3 Likes

Also, he’s a dick

1 Like