The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

This is part of the attraction of Xabi. He is so clearly different to Jürgen, but would bring his own qualities and appeal.

4 Likes

I’d like to hear valid reasoning

No point in putting all our eggs in only one basket

Zidane looks every bit to me like he is biding his time for the France job. He club managerial career is stunning, with all those CL victories in a shortish stint at Real Madrid. On that evidence there should be a clamour for him for the job, but there isn’t.

Why?

Hard to say. The biggest thing I can think of is the unique and elite set of circumstances he slid into at Real Madrid, which is home for him in many ways. He did very well, but do his methods translate? (Doffs cap at Woy for that one!) Then there are language issues with Zidane too.

So crazy as it sounds, I’m cold on the idea of Zidane.

It is Alonso, all day long for me. But we should also sound out some others, as unless the deal is done, or all but done, it would be wrong to place the club in a precarious position with Alonso or nothing.

If not Alonso, who would I look at?

De Zerbi.
Nagelsmann.

Maybe one or two others, but none of them grab me like Alonso does.

1 Like

Wouldn’t at all surprise me if Jurgen has got wind of the City non investigation outcome and thought, fuck this, I’m sick of fighting with one hand tied behind my back

3 Likes

Or, we can acknowledge that he does the job in a way that requires a massive input of emotional energy and take what he says on face value - that at 57 and after nearly 10 years he doesnt have enough left in him in keep doing what he thinks he needs to do to do the job properly.

11 Likes

Could Scaloni be an option? Would he be a figure one would warm to?

Maybe it’s time we see what someone like a Scaloni can do at club management.

Ticked off the Copa America and World Cup, has managed the best player of this or any other generation. What’s left for him there?

I think the latest news is that they’ve managed to convince him to stay longer.

Xabi - yes.

StevieG - no.

Conte/Morinho/Tuchle/etc - no.

Zidane - no, yes, no, ?

Im more interested in your fake life @Limiescouse

I play a football expert on the internet

2 Likes

morten GIF by Badehotellet

Dont fall for the double bluff

1 Like

I am not interested in Nagelsmann. He seems to struggle tremendously with man management.

2 Likes

I was watching the Redmen TV podcast, and they made a good point about Zidane. If Lijnders and Matos were staying, it would’ve probably suited him perfectly to slot in like stardust. Let the coaching staff provide the continuity, and Zidane adds the final touches.

To be honest, Alonso and Zidane are my top two choices by a country mile, but it feels like Zidane’s waiting for the France job, and just seems happy to sit around and wait for it. That looks most likely to be 2026, when Deschamps contract expires, and he described it as the most beautiful thing there is. That’d mean we’d have him for 2 years (if he took it), and then he’d be off. I wouldn’t have been totally against that if we weren’t losing our main coaches, but since we are, it’d mean more upheaval in a short space of time.

Nagelsmann seems like a huge cock. Arrogant and crap man manager. AVB 2.0. No thanks.

Zidane - what has he actually done in management. Worked for money bags Madrid.

For me there are no current super managers outside Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti.

So you have to bet on the next super manager. That’s a risk.

Xabi? Let’s see how he adapts after half a season of teams seeing how he plays and now countering it. Can he adapt?

2 Likes

1 Like

how do i donate?

Cannot believe anyone here puts forward Zidane. For all the 3 CL craziness he was basically let go twice and that team seriously underperformed (considering the lineup) in the league. He’s had no experience either before or since and would be incredibly unsuited to Liverpool. It’s ridiculous to suggest him.

11 Likes

I love how anyone still falls for that…

1 Like

yep.

apart from winning three Champions leagues…hes a real managerial nobody…

i jest though…i certainly cant imagine him being a good fit here…

theres probably two (maybe four) jobs in world football for ZIdane in my humble opinion

France
Juventus

maybe…MAYBE…

PSG
Algeria

the rest its hard to imagine it being less than a circus…

oh…maybe something in Saudi Arabia when you think on it.

1 Like