The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

As an armchair psychologist ( along with being an armchair world class football tactician ), I read from that is he’s already signed and just going through the motions.

He can’t wait to start next season and lead us to more glory.

Yeah?

3 Likes

That’s what I would expect from any managerial target tbh. They’ve got to give respect to their present jobs and employers.

One of the many reasons why I wouldn’t want Potter. He couldn’t wait to go to Chelsea and leave Brighton in a ditch.

4 Likes

He aged about 5 years in 3 months totally unsuited.

I do think we are at least in a good place.

Probably the best since Dalglish left but maybe you would have to go back even further to Shanks or Paisley.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t Alonso be surprised?

As for the timing of announcement - probably because it’s hard to keep it under wraps when you’re trying to organise a new structure for the club and don’t want any leaks.

The timing of the announcement will ultimately me judged against how the team performs the rest of the season, and whether we lift silverware. If we falter, everyone will point to the announcement playing a part.

2 Likes

Will be strange to have concerns about the manager again (not too many hopefully) Even in the bad times I’ve never felt he should go.

2 Likes

As an arm chair cynic (@cynicaloldgit for the professional), I read that FSG haven’t talked to Xabi yet and so we’re looking at the excitement of Roy Part II.

To be honest they didn’t actually ever appoint him.

Shame Klopp never got to the top of the longest serving current managers list. We will be back to 92 until about October when half the football league have sacked there managers and we will be in the 40s

Which was not great tbh.

Edit: To clarify, Dalglish mark I was great manager but I don’t think he left the club (completely understandable) in the best state and we’re much better now (I fucking hope) than in 1990.

1 Like

As much as Dalglish had Hillsborough and the aftermath to contend with which is a fucking enormous tragedy.

Football wise , Klopp had the bigger challenge.

I meant the place the club is in.

The squad is generally a quite youthful bunch playing well, a few changes will need to take place in the next couple of years

I thought I read in the article on the official site that this is explicitly why they’re doing it now.

1 Like

I think the new manager will be tied in to the new Sporting Director. I think we are getting a complete package. Alonso feels like a good fit but the club will have run the data on every combination.

Oh, if it’s Mourinho, I’m going to be a fucking Tranmere fan come July!

4 Likes

I do think that Alonso would have interacted with some very good sporting directors throughout his career.

I’m not that fussed about the sporting director , we can always get Edwards back.

1 Like

This, or I’m 100% done with football

3 Likes

Xabi having a good season so far, maybe building up nicely for him but open question, is it too early for him?

Possibly but then I just don’t see anyone else remotely suitable.

It’s going have to be someone who understands us and someone talented. To me he is already several steps ahead of say Rodgers when he was appointed.

2 Likes

It might be too early, but he can get the fanbase behind him.

On a perverse note , I wouldn’t mind getting Carlo Ancelotti here. He’s an ace manager. I know he’s managed the bitters but what better way to stick it to them by getting him here and having him win some trophies with the club.

If Alonso wins the title this season he’ll be the fist manager since Klopp to deprive Bayern of it I think? That is a good omen! I think he will be next up here. Still shellshocked though!

2 Likes

Hopefully the new Manager likes the look of the squad and doesn’t make a ton of changes.

Well who doesn’t like the look of Dom?
This Is Cool Love It GIF by RB Leipzig

1 Like