The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I made you smile…

Sad The Office GIF

Just hope the new manager rumours, don’t follow the trend in player rumours that the kiss of death from Nikola tends to have…

If it does…

Welcome
Premier League Sam GIF by Play Sports

If we win the quadruple this year, I would take a few months of Fat Sam just for the memes.

Preach!

I’d give Sven his dream job for a few months if Alonso is unsure if that quadruple happened.

Then again you’d get “worst title defence ever” again ignoring the fact Chelsea were in the relegation zone after winning one of there ones.

And Man City got relegated in the 30s

and largely found out as a ego-maniac that burns his players out.

He will not be Liverpool manager.

2 Likes

Exactly, that was the point I was making.

1 Like

blasphemy.

6 Likes

Done deal.

9 Likes

Hope so + the alternative that Jurgen is concerned the club need to be encouraged into action is worrying… Surely though he is speaking to convey a message not just sharing his private thoughts?

1 Like

Why would he be?

It very much sounds like it was a question asked in the pre-match press conference.

3 Likes

My take is that Jurgen is letting us know that Alonso is a done deal. He is highly intelligent and media savvy. He knows he cannot say it’s a done deal directly, but for him to comment about Alonso so enthusiastically, knowing we are looking for a manager, and knowing Alonso is the favorite, makes me wonder why Jurgen spoke out as he did.

I can only conclude it is because it is a done deal. Alonso can’t speak as that would be wrong. He has history to write at Leverkusen. And it’s not Jurgen’s place to announce it either, but he is doing as much as he can to reassure fans it’s all in hand.

4 Likes

If it’s a done deal, then that should mean we have a Sporting Director sorted too, but haven’t announced it yet for some reason (possibly still employed, or preferring to wait to be announced with the next manager too).

Wonder if it’s the West Ham guy, was a few rumours and then nothing.

I was reading some comments on RAWK about his role before at Leverkusen at now at West Ham, which is heavily recruitment based. We do have Barry Hunter (Chief Scout) and Dave Fallows (Head of Recruitment) who basically do the work that he does. It’s possible it might be him though. It’d be a step up in terms of responsibilities than what he’s done previously.

As much as I want it to be Paul Mitchell, it’s probably going to be someone we’ve never heard of, a shock name who on the surface, may not appear to have the credentials, but in terms of what we need to fill the role, he’ll have the attributes we require.

1 Like

There you go Bayern ….Or Roma

I was thinking it would be Steidten but the Paul Mitchell shout is interesting. He looked like he was going to Man Utd in the Ineos reshuffle, but then they went all in on Ashworth. Perhaps Mitchell has been lined up by us?

Then again, if there is harmony between Alonso and Steidten, and they have worked together before, bring it on. It can all work with Fallows and Hunter too.

5 Likes

I do have a little obsession with Mitchell. It was dismissed very quickly prior to the Schmadtke announcement, which annoyed me. However, I’ve just found a statement from Monaco in October 2023, which confirms his exit (he stayed after announcing he was leaving in the summer of 2023 to oversee the transition to a new structure), so he’s out of work now. He’s also known to want to return to the North West (hence strong links to Man Utd), and has previous ties with the Red Bull organisation (which FSG are admirers of). It makes so much sense. I couldn’t actually find anything to confirm he’d actually left Monaco, but now it’s confirmed he left in October, it actually makes sense that he could be our No.1 target, out of the limelight, with lots of time to work on signings, a new manager, etc. If Alonso’s done, our SD is likely already done too. Damn, I’ve convinced myself it could be possible now!!

I see Bayer Leverkusen have won again. A 2-1 victory away against Heidenheim.

4 Likes