The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

He might have followed Klopp in two leagues he then went Chelsea, Paris and Bayern he just isn’t the type of manager they want.

1 Like

Yep the curse that keeps on giving. I really would looooove it is he was there for 3 years and they didn’t win the league during that period. Nothing against Kane per se, but it might just get people questioning whether the problem was Kane or Spurs or a combo of the two.

train trainwreck GIF

1 Like

Yeah, nice guy and a decent footballer and all that. It’s just I’m coming to the conclusion that he’s a fucking jinx.

Absolutely. PR wise, it’s a win-win for them. A former player who is a fans favourite, who just happens to be performing wonders in the German league, and is catching the eye of elite clubs too.

It’s like when we appointed Klopp. They said all the stuff about starting the process of appointing the next manager, while literally the next day, a Bosnian paper leaked we’d already agreed a 3 year deal (the source was Buvac :D). I’m not particularly worried about the news of Amorim being an alternative choice. It’s just leaks IMO to appear as though we’re going through a proper process, which I think they’ve done, but months ago.

2 Likes

Wasn’t as if Spursy were winning anything pre Kane.

Good point. Never get anything from spurs (players, manager, dof’s, medical, and all other staff). The jinx attaches to individuals.

There were a couple of players like Modric and Bale who probably are the exception to the norm.

2 Likes

So there is a disinfectant. Might be bleach based.

Can someone please put a poll on TAN to see the scores of our choice of Managers, so, we can vote.
I just want to see the general consensus here.

Be nice to have a second preference as I think it seems a given who is number 1.

1 Like

I had an idea last night, and I ask you to hear me out.

We give Michael Beale for 12 months, with Kenny, Roy Evans and Souness to make up his coaching team.

In 12 months, we see how things are going, and if he is not performing well we get Klopp back after his had 12 months to rest and recharge his batteries and will be good to go for 10 years :pray:

2 Likes

No.

Beale I can see your theory with someone like Kenny acting as someone he can lean on but nah.

Andy Farrell in for a year with Kenny as assistant. Klopp back after that :+1:

That is a great idea. 5 candidates other than Xabi .

Found Michael Beale’s burner account

2 Likes

Jurgen Klopp: ‘If it wasn’t going to be fine, I wouldn’t be leaving’
I really don’t understand that.
Can anyone please explain me.
If Jürgen needs a break he needs one. No matter whether things ar good or bad.

1 Like

Measure of the man.

4 Likes

I think he means he thinks the set up and everything is right.

Maybe he also knows who is lined up.

3 Likes

He won’t leave a sinking ship - he’s previously said he wanted to leave the team in a good place, and not walk away with it all going tits up.

3 Likes

It’s a tight line also.

If things were even worse than they were last season, I believe and it was reported that he considered quitting. Not to mention if we had produced two weak seasons in a row, that would’ve likely be it from both sides I think.

But then a combination of factors on (end of last season and European football) and off the pitch (Ulla!), probably not wanting to end like last time at Dortmund, made him go for one big final push.

It’s a big, big shame that the club simply didn’t manage in time to replace or keep some of the people upstairs that would enable Klopp focus more on the football.

We cannot be 100% about some things, not even the things Klopp himself says, but it likely would’ve helped.

What is true is that for the first time in many years, Liverpool is appointing a new manager with a better situation in some key areas. And that’s also down to the owners, objectivelly.

2 Likes