The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

No clause, but a “gentleman’s agreement” with obviously a fee.

If the fee is 20m pounds then it’s more of a highway robbers type of agreement! Surely any other club could also get him for that/less (if he wants to leave).

I started to check out some of the rumoured alternatives, just in case that it doesn’t work out with Xabi or he might decides against us etc.

I am slowly warming up a bit to the idea of Ruben Amorim as an alternative.

Not sure if it’s already been posted

Is Ruben Amorim the next Jose Mourinho?

Hopefully not. Wouldn’t want a complete arsehole managing Liverpool Football Club.

5 Likes

From what I’ve heard, Amorim is said to be absolutely great when it comes to dealing with his players, fans and media and the comparison with Jose is of course complete nonsense.

Ruben Amorim is just a very young, talented, aspiring coach from Portugal. I think he really comes across as very charismatic and he also seems to speak English well. From the looks of it, he ticks all the boxes when it comes to his playing style, requirements profile, etc. Whatever the data analysis guys are checking, he’s apparently pretty high on our list and based on what I’ve learned about him now, I can understand that.

3 Likes

Can he do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke though?

Andre Villas Boas

1 Like

Ok, let’s just get this done once he’s wrapped up the league title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68451205

1 Like

I think I know his preferred choice. Makes some really good points.

1 Like

To be fair, I would give him a good chance at winning, since he seems to be crazy type that would all of a sudden pull a knife and stab someone in the troath when all they expect is fisty cuffs :upside_down_face:

Seriously though, I miss him in the Premier League and but would not want him anywhere near Liverpool. He has a very good footballing brain though and is an entertaning man. But he seems to have some issues :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1764739619130614108

Opened talks…

“Hi, Xabi. Bayern here!”
Click. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

2 Likes

I’m sure we have as well.

Anyhow I feel they are doing Bayern’s bidding, it seemed the same on the Graverberch deal.

A desperate and shameless attempt to distract and derail Leverkusen season.

8 Likes

That’s their M.O.

:face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Yes Im sure Alonsos club would allow talks while currently in a title race with the club who are 2nd. This is just Sky Germany bullshit

8 Likes

Talks is vague. Nobody blocks Xabi’s agent to have initial talks with clubs. Even Xabi himself can get involved behind the scenes. But then something advanced and let alone announced is different.

I doubt Xabi is cutting out of training early to meet with Bayern representatives. If there are conversations or soundings, it will be through his agent. Xabi will be in control, but just as we might expect to do a couple of interviews on our side, so too with Xabi on his side.

Even if we are his preferred club, if there are others in for him, he will be aware of the terms and conditions as he assesses his next move.

Pretty normal stuff, like for transfers. There could be some face to face going on during the international break.