The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Naaa, it will be Amorim then. Edwards is smart enough to get it right imo.

1 Like

Did he not say no interest like months ago?

Wouldn’t mind Inzaghi would be a big name in football world so might help in that situation.

Bit gutted on Alonso but if he stays at Leverkusen it will ease the pain.

Amirom would have been a second choice alongside Nagelsmann in 3rd.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people seemingly forget that this is his second incredibly impressive year with them. He took over a side last year that was firmly in the relegation spots after 8 games. Their form over his 26 games was subsequently comparable that of Dortmund and Bayern. And so while what they are doing this year is unexpected, if you go back to last summer you will see people being incredibly excited at his potential and eying him for bigger jobs before any of this season’s record breaking had started.

3 Likes

I mean everyone’s been convinced for the last few months it was bound to be Xabi, no one can predict these things so there’s no point stressing over it until we come round to knowing, plus we’ve got to worry whether the title is heading to London, Manchester (god forbid) or Liverpool first.

De Zerbi’s had a few bumps in the road but he’s largely done very well at Brighton, just look at the squad he has at his disposal…no real shining quality and he’s managed to turn the likes of Solly March, Pascal Gross and Billy fucking Gilmour into players that fans of the PL stood up and noted. They’re only behind City and ourselves for highest possession football so what do you think we could do under him with the players we have?

Too many big losses for me.

2 Likes

true… You are making too much sense… Were is the @The-AllMightyReds from the match-day threads???

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1773492736085135642

Could the answer be in the thread title?
Following Jürgen is a daunting task.

1 Like

FSG wanted Klopp over a year before they got him to come to LFC. I am not so sure they will be giving up on Alonso. Having to put someone in place this June makes it more difficult, obviously. They will look at alternatives, but I don’t think they are inclined to settle for a second choice.

1 Like

Well you’ll have to wait until the next match day for that wont you.

& I hope all your RDZ bashing in here won’t be coming back to haunt us come Sunday evening.

RDZ is an unlikeable prick.

Seems Alonso ‘promised’ to join Real next year - that’s why they kept Carlo for another year.

I’m heartbroken. :frowning:

4 Likes

Even if he beats us he isn’t right for us.

Losing 4-0 to Luton
3-0 fo Fulham

Not to mention that Everton performance last season.

Partly true. They wanted him in 2011 to replace Kenny when he stepped in to take care of the team after Woy got sacked before Kenny took the role premenantly, but he said he was under contract with Dortmund and didn’t want to do the dirty on them by leaving before his contract was up.

1 Like

If Romano says that then Amorin is probably out too.

Just repeating what others have said.

Very much Romano. Then again he did break Edwards minutes before everyone else did.

Thought it might be Amirom for a while to be honest, had really hoped on Alonso. Well whoever it is I hope they can deliver.

1 Like

That makes it interesting, hoped we’d see Xabi,but seems unlikely, not keen on RDZ,don’t know much about Amorin,and of course Inzaghi came up lately,don’t know him,. so who knows, Still Fat Sam might be available!

If there was a chance for Alonso to come here, and he didn’t grab it with both hands, then it’s for the best. I really wanted him as I think what he is doing is special, BUT…

The one non-negotiable is that the new manager MUST want us. If he does not, then I don’t care who it is, he is not the right man for us.

I could add the caveat “At this time.” So if the stars don’t align for Alonso now, I wouldn’t want to close the door forever, as that would be silly, but whoever comes in, I wish him a long and successful reign at Liverpool.

If not Alonso, let’s go for Ruben Amorim. He is doing very well for himself and looks ready to take a step up. It’s a gamble, but an educated gamble. There are no sure things, but you do your due diligence and make the best choice with the info you have. With Edwards and Hughes I am confident we will do that.

If it leads to Amorim, fine. Bring it on. If it leads to someone else, again, fine, bring it on.

4 Likes

I think Alonso’s agent has briefed the journos anyways.

I know nothing of Amorim anyways. Seems to be a bit like the players we signed under Edwards before, young, unproven but the potential to prove massively.

Big release clause for him.

Easier for Edwards and Hughes to manage though regarding transfers etc. than the likes of De Zerbi would be imo.