The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I read Amorim is really good with his man management skills I think it’s the kind of relationship our new manager has to have.

3 Likes

Yeah the heavy defeats are off putting for sure but I’m almost certain the results would’ve been different if he were leading this Liverpool side out at Luton and Fulham so I’d be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there and put that on the quality of his injury hit Brighton. He does have his positive traits too with the way he gives the young guys a chance, his possession football could work a treat here with the players we have and he seems like the type of character who’d get along with the hierachy and below, his honesty in post interviews I’ve seen are easy to warm to.

I don’t see us not being in steady hands whether it be him, Amorim, Nagelsmann, Emery, Zidane or whoever else so I’m relatively relaxed.

Maybe a short term alternative?

Walk Away Action Movie GIF by My Spy

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1773491720199475599

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1773484059714256926

1 Like

Liverpool might be a fantastic chance for Xabi but people forget that there is something great he can achieve in the German league… remember there was once a manager who broke the dominance of Bayern…won a couple of leagues off them…

4 Likes

It’s a wise move on the part of Alonso to continue with Leverkusen.

There’s always another chance of a Liverpool job even if it’s not immediate.

I’d have to think Amorim and Inzaghi as someone who Edwards will have bis eye on. Not convinced with RDZ , attractive football but there needs to be pragmatism there as well.

2 Likes

If @jabu is worried now, wait till @SBYM throws Southgate’s hat in the ring.

Yes. Ask Sven-Göran Eriksson. Sooner or later a second chance will come. :grimacing:

1 Like

Even if it doesn’t come , so be it.

Alonso probably wouldn’t want to come in to the side as the coach who’s succeeding Klopp as expectations would be sky high.

As long as it’s not Brendan and Gerrard , I’m okay with whoever FSG has on their shortlist.

There is also the matter of the alleged Amorim release clause, no?

I hope the club isn’t thinking about appointing someone whose current club has won fewer than half of its league games this season and which has conceded more goals than Everton. Why on earth RDZ is so highly rated escapes me.

Amorim seems like he might be the right man for the job. At least he’s won something of worth.

3 Likes

I always had the Xabi RM concerns, and I am beginning to think he will be the next manager after eyebrows. Losing to RM seems to be a Liverpool habit. Hopefully the TAA rumours are bs, and Jude isn’t pining for his buddy.

RDZ, just not at all convinced, just feels bland.

I am getting amorous for Amorim, after reading all the sexy stories about his style, man management and ability to create stars.

4 Likes

Hey Liverpool fans, Sporting fan here. Curious to see what was the opinion on Rúben Amorim on Liverpool forums. If you got any questions about him, happy to help.

6 Likes

go ahead educate us ignorants, please, @Miguelsantos … Tell us about the dude, … welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Welcome Miguel. What formation does Amorim prefer? And what’s the style of football like?

1 Like

It has evolved with time, tbh. The base structure has always been a 3-4-3, but certain patterns of play and dynamics have changed quite a lot since his first full season here. Right now, the team still plays a 3-4-3, but it morphs into a 4-4-2 quite often, especially out of possession.
There is a lot of build up from the back using the GK and a couple of variations, like the middle CB moving further up to join the DM and the back three being the outside CBs and goalkeeper.
The build up is one of the best things about him and makes Sporting tough to press. I’d say its similar to De Zerbis, in terms of inviting the press to play through it or over it to the striker.
He wants to have possession and press high most of the time, but if there is a need to drop back and defend the box he doesn’t have problems doing it.
Pretty great at having a coordinated defensive line too. In his first two seasons, where we defended a bit deeper, the defense would get a lot of offside calls on the attack due to it being very well organized.
I don’t know how it would work out with the current Liverpool squad, considering the profile of midfielders you guys have and especially because of Trent. I don’t know how he would fit into his system.
He also has been praised universally because of his communication skills. Sporting have been a chaotic and unstable club for 40 years and he has managed to get everybody on board and unit a pretty broken club/fanbase since day one and create a real positive, coeherent and stable culture.

21 Likes

Do you all feel he connects well with fans? Also he won the league the first season and then had some learning curve in the next 2 seasons and now seems to be a great chance with the league this season. Are the slight hiccups due to him or other reasons?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

How confrontational is he as a coach w.r.t match officials ? Liverpool has been dealt a shit hand with refereeing all these years under Klopp and is Amorim someone who takes the fight to the corrupt incompetent bastards ?

Also how would you see him having a Liverpool lineup and what would be his transfer wishlist to build on the squad.