The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Really weird that he wants to know about Brighton’s plan and project now, although he has been there for nearly two years.

2 Likes

Bit hard to see why he would talk like that just before playing us,he’ll possibly unsettle his own club. And at the same time set alarm bells ringing here.
Swerve for mine!

2 Likes

Getting very strong Rodgers vibes from him.

Really hope we don’t make that mistake again.

2 Likes

It’s not hard to understand where he’s coming from.

Brighton operate how they do and perhaps he’s now entering a phase where he wants to be part of a more ambitious and competitive project.

He never hid it, this is not the first time he spoke in this way, of course he wants to manage at the top level.

1 Like

Also to factor in, his contract expires at the end of this season, so he is probably trying to push the club for extra transfer cash, more money for himself, more wage budget.

Or maybe it is as he says it is, and they have offered him a new deal, but not really spoken about what their plans are for the next few seasons

1 Like

You guys always posting about him, I thought you guys loved him, sorry :innocent:

Also it’s difficult to keep a team competitive when they are going to sell their best talents sooner rather than later.

My problem with it is it is disingenuous. We know what the Brighton project is. It is attractive, ambitious, and the same as he signed on for. If he wants to keep his options open for possibly bigger opportunities that is understandable but there are ways to say it without being disrespectful to his club or saying something like this that is patently bollocks

7 Likes

Tbf, as Klopp said before the game, he had the heart of his team ripped away in the summer. Macca to us and Caicedo (the Brighton version) are a big loss which he’s done a great job to recover from. He’s probably thinking the same will keep happening

2 Likes

There is no probably about it. It will keep happening. Or at least it will if he keeps them playing in a way that he too remains a candidate for bigger jobs as well. And I think that is why he doesnt need to pretend that his decision will be influenced by clarity into the thing already has complete clarity into.

1 Like

I’m impressed by de Zerbi. They play attractive, high energy, pressing football.

There may be one other manager on the planet that checks all the boxes currently - Amorim - and it’s possible we might not land him.

1 Like

Amorim for me please. But De Zerbi’s Brighton side did very well against us today, and had a real good go. It would be interesting to see what he could do with our playing resources. Probably the back up option for Amorim for me. Klopp spoke very highly of him, which is informative too.

See how he does at Arsenal next week.

2 Likes

Yeah the real audition for De Zerbi would be vs Arsenal.

Roll Arsenal over with Brighton , and that would mean he makes the grade.

1 Like

Speculation, but going as how De Zerbi and his tactics might fit in at Liverpool AND the need for the new manager to include Trent , Bradley , Endo , Mac , Soboszlai in the team.

De Zerbi likes to keep the defense narrow while defending and often plays the game through the center releasing the wide players with clever passes.

Something like this might be how De Zerbi lines up.

Alisson

Bradley Konate Virgil robbo
Trent. Endo. Mac
Soboszlai
Nunez. Diaz

I’m warming more to De Zerbi than Amorim. Getting Amorim would mean that some of Liverpool’s best players won’t be getting enough game time. We have a stacked midfield and Amorim would probably sacrifice a midfielder for a third center back.

De Zerbi knows how to get his midfield purring and that for me makes him a better choice than Amorim whose tactics are probably more different to Klopp and would require more changes in order to make them work.

As to whether Amorim is flexible enough to change his formation , it might well be the case but the current Liverpool team makeup suits De Zerbi’s style of play more. With Amorim , as was stated by @Miguelsantos , there’s a doubt on how Trent would be best used and him playing an additional CB requires a new purchase and would reduce a person in other positions where we are stacked.

Still unsure about De Zerbi and how effective he is at setting up a defence. We created enough chances to score about 5 yesterday.

This isn’t like 2004 when Rafa and Jose were the frontrunners, or Klopp and Ancelotti when we binned Rodgers. 4 outstanding candidates at the time. There isn’t that quality of manager about is there? Someone who has done really well and won trophies domestically and showed they can compete in Europe.

Sort your line up out Barry. Ten players? Bradley at left back? And what’s with that weird font?

1 Like

Yeah, like he’s got b.o.

Fuck knows. Fixed now my

Fixed? Ali is still in the weird font and you have forgotten one of the greatest players to ever wear the shirt, and Robbo is upset.