The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Romano:

Roberto de Zerbi has release clause into his contract at Brighton and it’s around £12/13m, only valid in the summer. De Zerbi wants to discuss plans with Brighton board to decide his future. Internal talks still ongoing at Bayern. NO concrete talks with Liverpool so far.

Also said today that in the next days/weeks, Inter will offer Inzaghi a new and improved contract.

I feel we’re coming back around to this

Roberto Martinez to lead Portugal to glory this summer, then ride that wave of praise into the job he still feels should have been his 10+ years ago

EDIT: Jesus, look at the state of Henry in that pic. He looks like a child wearing his dad’s clothes.

1 Like

kingsley shut up GIF

2 Likes

The disrespect and eagerness to see Salah gone is truly mind boggling.

12 Likes

Exactly. I find it sickening to be honest. He’s been the equal of Dalglish and Gerrard and he’s still a great player even slightly past his peak.
He’s been loyal to us and we should repay that.

12 Likes

Simeone remains the best option, but De Zerbi does give a good account of himself.

Yes but Mo(re) $alah if we flog him off in the summer. He’s only going to get older… While we’re at it, several other players also seem to be adding years each birthday - best get rid before they lose value.
Forget about the PL, I’m worried how we will win the transfer window trophy and catch up with the mighty blue noses.

Pop Tv Please GIF by Schitt's Creek

2 Likes

Irregardless of who the new manager is, I think we should buy 4 of Leverkusen’s best players, purely out of spite.

1 Like

I want Salah to stay and sign an extension, up to 2 year extension.

If the choice is he stays one more season to wind his deal down and leave on a free, I would rather sell for good money this summer, to reinvest it into the side under the new manager.

Obviously Mo Salah has agency and will do what he wants to do.

He is a great player and our most reliable source of goals. He should stay at a very high level for a while yet. So the order of preference for me would be:

1. Sign an extension
  2. Depart this summer for a hefty fee for the new manager to reinvest
  3. Stay one more year and leave on a Bosman
4 Likes

Can Pep do a Paisley?

Would keep the same style of play, and if it didn’t work out after a couple years, then just about when Xabi might be ready for that step up from Leverkeusen.

3 Likes

Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

Is Pep the only assistant manager to win the Champions League and the Premier League with a J in both his first and last name?

He remains the (second) best option.

Pep been the 2nd best option makes me chuckle now to thr vast majority of fans 18 -24 months ago he was causing all our issues.

1 Like

In fairness, I’m pretty sure I don’t speak for the majority.

The majority always need a little fairness.

Well he has already announced that he is leaving back in January so I think that’s a solid no.

Pep can’t even wear a tracksuit like Paisley and isn’t fit to be in the same paragraph.

1 Like

Pep is a great person and will be remembered as a key man in the one of the best era of our club but he can’t even come close to Paisley, at least for now. He is at best now, be Parsley, which is an important complement to the main dish.

3 Likes

I don’t like parsely.

Not even this one?

IMG_7925

1 Like