The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Keita , Ox & Thiago weren’t aware as well.

It’s not annoying, all good! I get that Amorim hasn’t proven his managerial chops beyond Portugal, so there is a risk.

My contention is there is a risk with anyone, and I am struggling to think of someone who is clearly better.

The old guard of managers are on the wane, or most of the ones that might be available are. So I think we are looking at a younger breed.

There are a few knocking around in this category, and I’m sure Edwards and Hughes know everything there is to know about all of them.

If after they run their process Amorim is the one they think is best for us, bring it on.

2 Likes

Hope FSG has stored Klopp’s DNA and invested in cloning technology.

1 Like

If they could invest in a few DNA Sequencers that would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Very nice analysis of the man. We have to give Amorim a chance at Liverpool. He seems to have all the attributes which will fit in a Liverpool manager. Nobody can replace Klopp, but hopefully we will have a manager who will settle in the club, connect with the fans and the city and also have a good relationship with the players and who will be a good mentor to Klopp’s kids.

3 Likes

Thanks for the 1 minute of fucking dead sound! Checking all my setting and wonder why I can’t hear anything.

They do some great deep dives and I like Chris Pajak he is quite tactically astute in his observations and also is good at interpretating stats

2 Likes

He’s also in charge of performance as well. The only blot in this person’s record is probably the performance of the strikers…

We all worry. Here is a thought. What if he is better than Klopp? The new super coach and we have him!

Go on. Think positive.

5 Likes

You must be new here.

1 Like

lol no but woke up early. Delirious!!!

1 Like

Is that why you were so lenient with his grammar?

1 Like

I have bad vibes about every managerial candidate out there. Knowing how smart Alonso is, I got even more bad vibes after he decided to stick with Leverkusen.

However, I’m willing to give the chance to anyone club may appoint. I’m just a bit bummed that the last time club picked a manager, it was a straight choice between two absolute heavyweights and classy guys in Klopp and Ancelotti.

Now, it seems that club most go down the route that is similar to the players they buy: young, great potential, proven only in an inferior league or inferior team, not much European experience. The last part worries me the most, I don’t think that Amorim has done much there. If Inzaghi spoke English, he’d be my first choice, to be honest, even though he’s unproven outside of Italy.

2 Likes

Nah; I’ve been supplanted by @SBYM as the official TAN Grammar Pedant.

1 Like

I would have gone with usurped rather than supplanted, but I still use amongst, so who the fuck would listen to me?

2 Likes

We all do SBYM, you are amongst friends.

1 Like

He hasn’t clearly gotten a dose of cynicality

1 Like

You’re losing your touch.

1 Like

I did all sorts of mental gymnastics to feel confident when Woy became the manager. That’s probably the lowest Liverpool got in the PL era and I still tried all those mental gymnastics to persuade myself to feel upbeat about those changes.

That was a disaster but I don’t need to convince myself now about Amorim. The club’s under FSG has gotten more things right than they’ve gotten wrong. FSG have also grown as owners during that process too. I trust them to take the decision for the right reasons. It might not turn out to be a right decision but it’s atleast been something taken for the right reasons.

3 Likes