The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Nagelsmann has ruled himself out of the running (if he ever was involved) by signing a new contract with the German national team:

1 Like

Starting to feel like the only two real names in the running are Amorim and De Zerbi - with the most chatter obviously being around the former.

1 Like

That’s a pretty poor choice if true.

He went to Mainz and Dortmund. However, I think we are safe while FSG are here. Since his time at Dortmund he has come across as pretty unpleasant to work with, which is an important metric for our recruitment.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Utd if they have a change of manager.

5 Likes

Have we had a poll up in this or any other thread on who people would like to see? Ah fuck it what’s the harm.

Please vote responsibly, with the blessing of the mods the results of this poll will be sent directly to Michael Edwards.

Who would you like to see as the new Liverpool boss?
  • Xavi
  • De Zerbi
  • Amorim
  • Flick
  • Emery
  • Postecoglou
  • Benitez
  • Kovac
  • S.Inzaghi
  • Tuchel
  • Zidane
  • Conte
  • Other
0 voters

Votes in people! Get ya votes in!!!

I think Amorim is the favourite as the best upcoming young manager besides Alonso.

If it’s not him, we might end up using someone like Emery as a “sacrificial” manager. Keep the team ticking over. Not exciting, but solid enough both on and off the pitch while we wait for the next crop of younger managers to prove their worth for a few more years. I also think Xavi may be an outside shout.

Hoeness (Stuttgart), and Motta in particular, are two young and upcoming managers who need a few more seasons to prove themselves before going onto a big job.

1 Like

In Rafa we trust!

I’d be ok with 6 of them.

I’ve gone with my favourite but he won’t get it. I’m actually not massively against Xavi to be fair.

A few there who might well do a decent job,Rafa among them,but doubt he’d get the nod,Know stuff all about some of them,so just went with one of those who I reckon could.

1 Like

Other so-called ‘top rated’ managers will want an open cheque-book to win trophies.

1 Like

I like Unai Emery too and I would be positive for him to come to Anfield. However, he isn’t going to drop everything and move to us. He seems very happy at Villa

Liverpool is not easy club to manage as the fans expect alot because of the history etc.

Our ideal manager in our eyes is 'Xabi Alonso", but if he has said he wants to come next year or 2026, then we will have to make do with a reasonably experienced coach that is available end of this season.

However, I believe in giving the next manager a chance.

When the voting is done
And Tuchel’s on the run
That’s Amorim

I have narrowed it down to who I don’t want.:joy:
Zidane
Tuchel
Kovac
Conte
Xavi

6 Likes

Excellent list… may I add Mourinho to the “NOT WANTED” list?!
oh… and Flick.

5 Likes

i’d like to be given the chance but failing that De Zerbi as he would do well i feel in Ze Derbi

I wasn’t sure about him, don’t know much about him as a personality apart from his success as Bayern manager.

He is just embarrassing boring a.f. But his grey goose speech is legendary. He is a master in negative motivation though :hear_no_evil: :expressionless:

3 Likes

@Alright_Now_Legend should listen to that speech. It might help him to improve his posting efficiency by 70%.

1 Like

So, it safe to say we ‘dodged a bullet’ with Hansi then😃.

1 Like

To those of us who remember ‘Allo ‘Allo, it would still be cool to have Herr Flick in charge.

3 Likes