The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

well hopefully, don´t jinx it :rofl:

2 Likes

von smallhausen as his assistant? officer crabtree as the chief negotiator for transfers?

1 Like

So is it De Zerb-in for you tinho?

2 Likes

Ker chinggggggg-ah. Happy with that. I make that a win list, although I did forget to add Moyesy, damn, there’s always 1!

All opinions welcome.

2 Likes

I’d have so much fun with Moysey! But that just me. I even enjoy @klopptinho @Flobs and you.

Didn’t his Brighton lose 5-0 to an Everton team that couldn’t score.

1 Like

that’s brighton for you. was the same under potter. 1 club whose results i refuse to bet on.

I would suggest Gary O’Neill , done an excellent job at lower level clubs , seems fearless of a challenge and has really stabilised Wolves who appeared to be a favourite for relegation . He has worked ar LFC and obviously well know to the hierarchy . Although , lacking top level / champions league experience i reckon if we look for too many requirements we will miss the next generation

3 Likes

A manager who can grind out points at struggling clubs is something of a different skillset to one that can win almost every game.

8 Likes

O’Neil is the equivalent of giving Rodgers the job.

1 Like

I finally got around to reading this piece about Amorim and all I got from it are that words are meaningless.

His style of football is, apparently, to play a low block defensively, but off the ball they press aggressively, much like Klopp’s Liverpool.

Me going into a shop “excuse me, I would like to buy something just like this [points to something], but different.”

2 Likes

I think someone in here suggested Arne Slot. Not that it means anything but his odds are now second best after Amorim’s:

2 Likes

The Goonies Chuck GIF

“Brave rather than popular”…

The popular choice was Alonso so anyone now is effectively brave. The former parish talk some garbage sometimes

Now, I am going to be slated for this or probably being laughed at, but I am one of the 2% who voted for Tuchel. I don’t exactly know the reasons why people are so against him . But,for me, personally, he is one of the best we can have, given the available options.

I am not against Amorim or DeZerbi which remains the flavor of the month, But , I would much rather have someone who has experience of the highest level, experience of prem and understands the pressure of what it takes to have a winning mentality.

In my opinion :

• He has the experience of this league which matters alot. He knows how hard it is to win this league. Just Ask Arteta this week , who said, it is very difficult to win it here. You have to be a perfectionist and pretty much win every game. Klopp and Pep have taken this league to another level and it’s very difficult to match this. To match someone like Pep, you need someone who can strike fear in him like Klopp or knows how to get one over Pep. Tuchel is someone who usually has been able to get one over Pep in most head to head games.If memory serves me right, I think he has beaten City at their own ground (Not many can boast that), and winning the Champions league final against Pep, not a bad record . He has been voted UEFA and FIFA both , Men’s Coach of the Year: 2021, for a reason.

• Also, the fact that he has followed a similar path to Klopp, going from Mainz, to Dortmund and didn’t do bad at all speaks volumes for me. It cannot be an easy thing for anyone to come in and continue the legacy Klopp created in Mainz and Dortmund. He has shown he has the ability to handle the pressure that comes with replacing such a huge personality. And, what Klopp has built here in liverpool, he seems to me the perfect guy who can embrace the pressure and take us forward to the next level and won’t be phased by challenge at all.
    As great as DeZerbi or Amorim might sound to people by all social media buzz, this is going to take a massive job to take the pressure of replacing a personality like Klopp, this factor cannot be discounted for me.

• My feeling is that right now, this squad is not at the cusp of a complete reset. All we need is a manager who can come in and use this talented squad to either make the next jump and continue. We are not at a cusp of completely revolutionize our thing and press a reset button, I think this squad is ready to win things in next 1-2 years. I fear pressing the reboot button with young managers will take longer period of time and may set us back few years, as there are many factors involved. They need to experience the league, understand the pressure it takes to manage such a big club, get to terms that you have to be perfect every game, as your opponent will not leave any room for you to have a bad day.

• My personal feeling is that the squad that we have currently, needs someone more experienced , who can be like a father figure and put an arm around shoulders of young lads and commands instant respect from the likes of Allison, Virgil, Mo, Trent etc. Tuchel ticks that box for me. The best thing about Klopp has been that he has been like a father figure to the senior players as well as youngsters. Sometimes, going out of his way, to make players feel they are valued and he geniunely cares for them. In my opinion, putting someone like Amorim, DeZerbi just does not command that kind of respect straight away from the senior players.Not every coach is a great man manager, and if/when things go south, a potential inexperienced manager stands more risk of losing the dressing room in my opinion, as players will always be on the fence at the initial appointment.

I don’t know exactly why people are against Tuchel, possibly because of this narrative that he cannot work with clubs management or has the knack of getting infights with higher management. On that point, I would just like to say alot of these things depend on the environment that is set within the club. It’s easier to always blame one person and frankly, Who in this world is born perfect ? Why should people not even been given a chance in life. Why would Tuchel want to jeopardize this opportunity of a lifetime.
I am going to take example from my own office, while I used to work in IT. (Disclaimer : I am not working anymore for over a year , as I have turned into full time care giver for my dad):
If in a job, your manager was not someone with whom you were able to get along , as his personality or the way of getting things didn’t suited to the best of your abilities or the environment created by the top management in the company was toxic in nature for you to flourish. Does that mean you should be disqualified from every other job based on that criteria or should you be hired based on your character and what you bring to the table for the next company ?

So, for me Tuchel is my preferred option over anyone else for now. Whoever comes in I am all for them…as club is always bigger than an individual.

2 Likes

As there are 40 votes so far then that means you are the 2%. Totally entitled to your opinion and kudos for putting the effort in to your post though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tldr

He’s a dick

3 Likes

Amorim is 7 points clear, 5 games to play, and in cup final. A perfect farewell to a team he has totally transformed.

I’ll expect it to be announced about a week or two after the final.

1 Like

I had to google him, never heard of him.

You went for a less popular option, but showed your working, so thumbs up for that.

1 Like