The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Tuchel is like a rather figure, if your perspective of what a dad is is based on watching your dad walk out on your mum when you were 6 and then being only intermittently involved in your life thereafter, as likely to no show or show up drunk when you had plans as to actually be there.

His reputation is based on a career across 4 high profile jobs, in all of which he has publicly, many would say petulantly, fallen our with his bosses in ways that are just not tenable for those relationships to continue. Bayern is probably his most drama free run.

He will get other jobs because he is a decent coach, but he has nothing on his resume to justify putting up with the shit that he will inevitably raise. What notable about his falls outs is that 1) they are of the sort every manager has with his bosses, but only those with a reputation for being trouble go public with. 2) he isnt even consistent. At Dortmund he fell out with Watzke saying it was impossible to coach when you dont get a say over the players you have, and did the same at PSG. Yet at Chelsea he took on Bohely saying he was a coach not a manager. He more or less forced him to fire him over a perspective 180 degrees removed from what he’d previously held about the manager’s roll in picking the players available to him. Maybe his perspective on the role of manager changed after his experience at Dortmund and PSG…or maybe he just picks his position based on whatever is necessary to get into a fight with his boss that he then go public with because he’s a walking argument?

5 Likes

Tuchel should be the next manager for Torquay Utd.

Perhaps he could also run a small hotel down there?

3 Likes

Hopefully he will not be in a customer-facing role at the hotel.

3 Likes

He could learn a lot from @Flobs

5 Likes

In that sense there is only one Thomas Tuchel

2 Likes

Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Tuchel and @Flobs in the same room? :thinking:

1 Like

You lot are hilarious, keep them coming​:joy::clap:. I am down in the dumps at the moment. I have intimidating neighbour! :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Send @Flobs round. He’ll sort them out.

1 Like

Tuchel isn’t a bad shout. He has won a CL and one of the major leagues in Europe. And he’d provide many controversies and much entertainment. :wink:

2 Likes

If decision on our next manager hasn’t been decided by now then I wouldn’t rule out Tuchel being one of the candidates.

Top manager. Not in the Pep, Carlo, Klopp category but surely in the Top 10.

Not unlikeable imo. Maybe sometimes misunderstood. He is a difficult character. A weirdo.

Often doesn’t get along with his bosses but at Liverpool the bosses stay in the background anyway.

Tuchels biggest problem is his man management. While Klopp always protects his players Tuchel throws them under the bus sometimes.

Not more than two years at Dortmund, PSG, Chelsea and Bayern - so at least it wouldn’t last long :grimacing: Plus he won trophies at all of those clubs.

2 Likes

Also i don’t like tuchel. lack of charisma and character.

1 Like

Seriously. If Tuchel comes anywhere near the club I’ve loved for over fifty years, I’m gone.

7 Likes

Not something I’d like!

1 Like

I’d just wait until they are all inside asleep and build a barracade around thier house, well board up their windows and doors!

2 Likes

Wimp!

1 Like

Don’t worry, he’s not coming.

I am getting more vibes that it is Amorim who is coming.

1 Like

Flobs can you come over and sort him out, all expenses paid on me!

Recently read the suggestion of Arne Slot,just googled him as he was a total who? to me.Maybe we could do a lot worse!

Sounds like…

1 Like

Imagine the confusion though…

SKY reporter: " So who is in the left back slot?"

“My name is Arne, have a bit of respect”