Those jammy fuckers down the M62

So just because PSG can afford him means they have to buy him?

They literally just signed 3 midfielders in the summer and have about 6 on their books.

Only 1-2 clubs other than them are capable of spending 70m on a 30 year old on 300k a week.

Heā€™s a really good player, but youā€™d expect him to be declining from this point. Paying Ā£70m, plus close to Ā£50m in wages over his contract, is the very definition of batshit short term thinking that has characterised Utdā€™s decline.

Both things can be true at the same time, weā€™ll see on which side it will prevail.

Business wise, I thought it was a better deal for Real than for United. Par example, when Partey left Atletico for Arsenal, I thought he was a player already for a better side than that Arsenal one.

But I canā€™t ignore that Casemiro is bloody doing the job for them so far this season, could be one of the differences if they achieve top 4 and win something this season.

Iā€™m somewhat surprised how a double pivot of Casemiro and Eriksen is working.

Heā€™s getting on, but if he gives them a few years of quality, then we can say that it was worth it.

2 Likes

The counter is that a team in Utdā€™s position were not going to get back into title contention in one step. If you acknowledge that then one or more signings done as stop gaps to help get you going int he right direction is a viable strategy, as long as it is part of an overall longer term plan

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t that why Torres said he left us? That he was told that we would be sacrificing the immediate future to build for the longer-term?

Ā£70+Ā£50m is a hell of a lot to pay for a stop-gap.

My friend just bought an Aston Martin. $225k is a hell of a lot of money to spend on a car, but he can afford it and it does what he needs it to do.

2 Likes

70 million for a few years is expensive, but theyā€™re getting a few years of top quality.

The 340 million odd spent on Wan- Bissaka, Maguire, Fred, Antony and Sancho is what has been holding United back.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

What the hell is he eating / drinking / otherwise ingesting to have a skin condition like that?

The atmosphere at old toilet is enough,look at one of there previous managers

The Lord Of The Rings GIF

Corrected for greater accuracy. :smile:

More than what heā€™s already doing to defenders in this league like below? Thatā€™ll be unfair.

These amazing dribbling skills do way more than some stupid assists and such stats.

Fuck he looks ridiculous. Long may it continue.

3 Likes

He needs to stand at the side of the road waiting to be towed to a garage for a $10k bill? Weird needs :wink:

Itā€™s not even that hard to do. Itā€™s just a really shit ā€˜skillā€™.

As long as no one shouts out rent boys the FA are fine with chants.

3 Likes