The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Would once again be a case of ‘we don’t want to pay a kid stupid wages’ - and righty so.

1 Like

Maybe he’d be happy to earn a bit less to play under Klopp for the recent CL and PL champions, instead of for Ole’s circus sideshow. Wouldn’t be the first time we’d signed a player on lower wages than he’d been offered elsewhere.

But if we don’t ask we won’t know.

1 Like

What are his apparent wage demands then?

And we wouldn’t like you when you’re angry…

tenor (3)

1 Like

What’s being reported/speculated: He is asking for approx £125/wk. (£500k/mo)

https://twitter.com/unitedsupdate/status/1411203889488142337?s=21

The only valid reason for us not to be in the chase would be if Camavinga isn’t interested in coming to us.

Or there is someone else we’d rather have.

2 Likes

Impossible! :astonished:

Imagine if they keep Pogba and bring in Camavinga. Poor vdBeek, what a season that guy has had. Better go back to Ajax.

:joy:

2 Likes

It’s 500k Euro pw;

Given how the weak the £ is these days, it’s not that much less - about £107kpw. Suspect that a signing on fee would see his weekly wage reduced.

I don’t know much about Camavinga, but a lot of folk on here are sold on him, so it will be disappointing of United sign him. As long as Ole is at that wheel it’s all good regardless of who they sign.

If he does go to United, moans about our club not being in for him will happen, with zero knowledge or facts about what did happen.

Still it’s the defence for me, and the manager.

Come on… You are using a Utd fansite… Most places I’ve seen as rumoured wages put it around £150 to £200k a week he is asking for.

It’s from Ouest France (local rag) and quoting what Camavinga is demanding to renew at Rennes.
Yes I believe his prententions might well be greater when linked to PSG or Manure however it’s the closest your going to get to factual!

We seem to avoid getting into bidding wars as a general rule.

2 Likes

Which indicates that we do our homework and are not spiteful wankers like the Spuds!

3 Likes

For me, £125 is even outrageous wages for the player.

1 Like

If we can get Camavinga for £125 per week, I’ll pay his wages!

5 Likes

Happy to top it up by £5 per goal.

On another note, Utd’s first pre-season friendly is in 2 weeks! Insane schedule.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy to chip in with £10 apperence fee.

Anyone willing to stump up a trophy bonus for the lad? :rofl:

You can’t argue that united are looking to do some decent business.
People say well ollies at the wheel so it don’t matter…issue is when he is no longer there, get a top manager who knows what they are doing.