The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Ye gotta say if they get Sancho, Camavinga and Varane that would be very very good business for them

2 Likes

They would just need to get a decent manager to go with that and they could be considered a potential threat for the league.

1 Like

And some time to unlearn Ole tactics, and a few seasons for new players to gel.

1 Like

I’m not sold that Varane will cut it in the PL. Camavinga looks like real quality, but he is very young and will take time to adapt to the PL speed and physicality. Sancho is a very good player.

You have to wonder how much longer United can keep throwing stupid money at their problems though. they have by far the most expensive side ever assembled, and one of if not THE highest wage bill in all of football. And fuck all to show for it.

If they’re not mounting a serious challenge on both the PL and CL this year, then it’ll be curtains for Ole and whoever comes in will have a massive wage bill headache to try and sort out.

Fuck 'em.

2 Likes

Won’t be very expensive for you, he’s not exactly a goal threat!

1 Like

If they’re not mounting a serious challenge on both the PL and CL this year, then it’ll be curtains for Ole and whoever comes in will have a massive wage bill headache to try and sort out.

Fuck 'em.
[/quote]

Thing is… after last seasons anomaly of finishing runners-up in the premiership, if they don’t win it this time around… then surely that MUST be classed as regressing or failure…!
Like Peaches has mentioned… Fuck em! :0)

2 Likes

I feel like some of us are overlooking United. As much as i hate them , they hit a firm patch of form last season and finished 2nd in the league. IF they complete these signings , Sancho being already confirmed and the other two kinda there, we cant deny that they are competitors and it means the field will be stacked next season against us.

City, Chelsea, United and maybe Leicester. I think we can count these 4 teams as direct threats to our league position and to finish top 4 .

1 Like

Now we have sorted out our defense again I’ll feel we can beat every one of them. Winning starts from the back there lies our strength.

5 Likes

Look at much as i admire the positivity. We have not fully sorted our defence. Even with Van Dijk and Gomez there we got taken apart by Villa. We got to see how Konate figrues into all this and whether our brazilian contingent come back unscathed from their travels. We havent even spoken about henderson and how concerned i am about his fitness and injury history. Basically we have alot more questions than United do in terms of whether our players can all be fit and how will our form be like considering our depth is not strong up front and in the middle.

1 Like

True; we can’t call upon the refs when we’re in trouble.

Take away generous officiating and United are a mid-table team.

10 Likes

… and a very expensive one at that.

3 Likes

A very poor example. Two fuckups by Adrian, what else is new and three deflected goals, it was an incident that will not happen again as long as Adrian stays away as far a possible.

With Konaté we will be even stronger in defense.

3 Likes

I would be surprised if Konaté is better than Gomez. :smiley:

I dunno - personally I’ve read all the excuses etc but fact of the matter is Villa scored 7 past us with more or less our best 11.

A few deflections etc but that can happen in any game, against or for us.

That was the game where the high line really got found out.

2 Likes

It was a season where almost everything went right for them and they still only amassed a point total that would have seen them struggle to secure CL football in many years. They ended just 5 points ahead of us after what for us was as near catastrophic as a season can be. Utd simply had a season where everyone else went backwards way quicker than they did rather than there being any improvement per se in them.

9 Likes

They improved points-wise (from 66 points after 18-19 and 19-20, to 74 points in 20-21). That’s good progress, but yeah, their final place had more to do with us imploding completely during the winter months. Otherwise, they’d have finished a solid third.

That’s probably their current natural ranking in the league, and now they desperately try to bridge that gap towards second. It will be hard for them, Sancho or not.

2 Likes

I don’t actually think we do. We were clearly the strongest performing team in the first half of the season despite that Villa performance and for the last third of the season.

1 Like

Citing the Villa performance while ignoring the many other consistent good to great performances in the first part of last season is silly. You’re talking about one massive outlier in a sea of high standard performances, for the most part. Using one single game as evidence of anything makes people look foolish.

3 Likes

Yep, got to agree. Does anyone really think Villa or anyone will put 7 past us next season or the next 10 seasons for that matter?

I don’t want to be mean but the only time to worry is if we are regularly shipping 2 or 3 goals a game. Also, manure haven’t signed any other players yet and neither have we. Some time to go yet.

If Real are letting Varane go it’s because he’s on a downward trayectory.

1 Like

Man Utd had one injury to defence and fell off a cliff, not sure how many times we played our first choice keeper and two out of three of our first team defenders but I hazard it’s less than ten games and yet we finished about 4pts behind.

2 Likes