The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Perhaps I’m a bit harsh, I know Kewell suffered a lot of injuries — I think (particularly with Kewell) there was a sense that this could be the elite X factor that would take us to the next level. I know he was a boyhood Red, but I’m pretty sure United were in for him, so clearly expectations were high.

Morientes wasn’t a total flop, but he wasn’t Morientes at Real. One of the few that Rafa got wrong for me.

1 Like

I remember a mates mate worked for Adidas back then and said he knew that Kewell was going Lfc as the order to send all his Adidas gear out had changed to Liverpool’s training ground.

I was so excited but bar a handful of games he was really underwhelming. He had some injuries which didn’t help. Such a shame he never showed his Leeds form for us.

Back to united they will be stronger but we only finished a few points behind them and had the craziest of dips and no defence for most of the season. We have 3 top class CBs coming back plus Konate.

4 Likes

I don’t know what it was, but I never really imagine harry being ‘the final piece’

I’m sure the hype would’ve been in overload in aus, maybe it’s a reflection of where I was in life at the time but I really never bought into the kewell hype.

I certainly never thought he’d insure us to any next level… a useful player, but not one to grab the club by the scruff of the neck and go to the next level.

1 Like

I’ll also point out that a lot of this ‘final peice’ Type transfer isn’t really the clubs fault or failure.

To me it’s more a case of being so close but not quite there.

As it’s are now, we were then… not far enough away to justify a wholesale rip up, In a way, as Steve Waugh famously once said, you gotta hit the lows before you hit the highs.

Ambling along at second best(ish) is a real awkward spot for a club

1 Like
9 Likes

Why do people listen to this bloke?

1 Like

Because people are fuckwits.

4 Likes

schadenfreude

Fixed that one for you :wink:

Have to say when it’s all going wrong for United watching this guy is funny as fuck.

Look on YouTube at his commentary against us it’s fucking hilarious

4 Likes

Actually the C was was a bit strong. I’ll change it.

I thought he was excellent for Utd last year , probably their best player. And what I do know is whenever we play them , Salah barely gets a look in. Shaw bests him every time.

4 Likes

He’s great entertainment when things are going bad for utd @SBYM does post some great links to his rants.

1 Like

Goldbridge is pure ranting entertainment. That’s it.

Like Robbie on AFTV he has monetised stupidity. Good for him.

As @richieh_10 said, when they are struggling his pissing and moaning is hilarious. Why not put a cherry on top of the dessert that is a Utd loss?

7 Likes

Ps. I don’t ‘listen’ to anybody out there.

The best analysis I have found comes from a few choice posters on here.

2 Likes

Salah just can not get around his bum. :wink:

Aww thanks mate…assuming I’m a choice poster :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So Jota for £40m or Sancho for £85m?

tbf, If Jota was English he would have cost us a lot more.

2 Likes

Sancho official. Will be good to see him in the PL. As long as Oles at the wheel.