The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I do agree. I also think that many are underestimating what he can and probably will do for them which is quite baffling. It’s in much the same vein and those denigrating Messi and the like. With the advances in professional sports playing in well into the mid and late thirties is becoming more and more commonplace yet we as fans laud the likes of Milner while other players of the same age are labeled as past it, old, lazy, divisive and any number of things that they really have no definitive information on. I myself have been guilty of it in the past but there is a constant stream of older, quality players who come in and still perform, heck we even had our own in Gary Mac. Ronaldo and Messi will still put up numbers. They might not be what they put up in the past but they will and if it were anyone but them everyone would be sitting up and taking notice.

That said, I don’t think that Ronaldo gives United anything more than what they have in terms of goal scoring or gives them a cohesive identity. He will be an individual success, of that I have very little doubt but I do think that will struggle to translate into team success in the league although as a Cup team they might find a gap to succeed. I’d be far more worried if they had added a midfielder and a more competent manager.

Surely it’s time to change the name of this thread. ‘Ronnies the back seat driver …’?

No, he is not. You would have loved him if he had chosen Liverpool instead of United when he was young. He may not be the GOAT, IMO Maradona is, but he comes close.

The guy is a prime example for everybody that wants to achieve something in their life.

3 Likes

I actually rate him more than Messi, I don’t at this stage in their careers but at one point he was the better player.

That’s my view, I just don’t think he will impact them greatly in the way they play.

He’s also an alleged rapist.

6 Likes

No way is Ronaldo the greatest player ever or top 2 ever. It’s such a loosely used term like we have seen the players over the years to make that comparison or the context in which they played remains the same. Also playing for teams which are in their peak surrounded by world class players makes you look better than you would be in isolation. And stats like goals scored again usually creates a bias than what many other players who contribute or would be way better, but don’t have similar stats to show.

Having said that he’s definitely one of the top footballer and a top top goal scorer. He’s looked after himself incredibly well and has such high levels of motivation, hard work, dedication and self discipline it’s definitely worth appreciation. He has an incredible ability to read the game and be at the right place and time to score goals. His heading ability again is very good to complement it. To be consistently good for more than a decade requires some high level of above qualities which he has shown over the years.

But yeah that’s about it.

1 Like

This lovefest is fucking nauseating… Fucking hell… Fair enough Utd milking it like a 16 year old instagram influencer, but the UK media is fawning over the cunt… To the point of basically out right lying about what he will bring both commercially and on the pitch.

Why not you don’t get him to sit on the bench

Pogba and Matic.

Excellent midfield.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Did Ron give the ok for Ole to manage the game?

He is scoring a penalty and the whole media will lap it up like Gargarin going into space (Been listening to too much Public Service Broadcasting - a band).

1 Like

FFS.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for my lack of linguistic elegance here.

Wanker.

Have a look at the cunt ffs. Obvious rapist.

Rate him higher than Messi, personally. Greatest player to ever play the game in my book. He’s going to dominate and make United competitive, the evidence was there today.

2 Likes

Fixed. We ought keep up to date with the Space Exploration scene. :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Guys, you do know that you and the site can be dropped in uber deep shit for accusations like that?

i guess we have this to look foward to all season long, strap in folks :roll_eyes:

Look forward to your follow up post in February

2 Likes

For me it’s either him or Messi.