The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The wankfest on social media regarding the return of Ronaldo to United has me perilously close to deleting my FB and Twitter accounts. DAZN has dedicated an entire subsection to it. :face_vomiting:

On a lighter note, the miniseries about the better Ronaldo and his first two seasons at Real Valladolid was an excellent watch

3 Likes

I left Twitter because of stuff like this as well as “hot takes” on politics that probed to be wrong within a day or so.

SKY must be gutted it isn’t on TV.

1 Like

Man, I wish Greenwood was playing for this Liverpool side or that club’s academy had an attacking talent like him. Klopp would turn him into a beast of a player even at that age.

2 Likes

The Who Bollocks GIF by AbsoluteRadio

am so fucking tired of hearing about the return of Ronaldo to Old Trafford.

1 Like

You’d better get used to it, this weekend is likely to be unbearable.

1 Like

I wouldn’t wish it on any player but be funny as fuck if he gets injured in the warm up wouldn’t it

I’m not 100% sure but i doubt united will see much of those shirt sales anyway,they get £75mill from adidas and i don’t think they have any % rights ontop of that aswell,even if they did it would probably be a couple of quid a shirt .

Ye there was an article on BBC a while back which confirms exactly that

1 Like

You imagination is too limiting.

3 games in and Ronnie and Fernandez get in a fight over who is going to the penalty. Ole stands on the sideline and soils himself at the thought of having to intervene, when all of a sudden Pogba steps up to take the ball from both of them, and punts it over the bar before doing a stupid fucking dance.

5 Likes

And our dear Mr Goldbridge goes full Scanners.

1 Like

He misses a penalty and does nothing would be far funnier.

1 Like

Normal me wants him to come off the bench to rapturous applaluse, then attempt step over after step over only to knock the ball out of play or give it away to a Newcastle player each time. Hit several free kicks into row z and miss a penalty.

FPL me wants him to smash in a hat-trick.

Likely scenario is a fcking stupid easy tap in and the media and all glory hunting fans coming out in numbers to spam the internet with how they will win the PL, CL, world cup, La Liga, Serie A everything because now they have Ronaldo. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I still can’t get my head around just who it was at Old Trafford that thought it was a good idea to bring this ageing prima donna in to stand in the way of two of the best young players (Greenwood definitely , Sancho reputedly ) in the game.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think I’m probably in the minority here but I actually think he is going to be a good signing for them - sadly.

There’ll be the usual “he’ll get in the way of the younger players” but the education they will get off him in training etc will be very good.

I know Ronaldo has a reputation a sa primadonna but anybody who has ever worked with him says he is the ultimate professional.

Look at the shape of the bloke and how well he has looked after himself.

Sorry but I feel it’s a decent signing for them.

Whatever, he’s still a dick

5 Likes

Ah not doubting that.

But he is probably going to go down as the greatest footballers ever to live or certainly in the top 2.

Unfortunately for us his United link will stop many people being able to accept that or appreciate that he is just a fucking phenomenal footballer.