The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

After @ZinedineBiscan

1 Like

Some shouts for most complete midfielder isn’t there…

Gerrard, Keane, Viera and Toure are the top for me.

The oft-overlooked Michael Essien deserves to be on any such shortlist.

4 Likes

The funny thing with AWB is that he was a winger throughout his youth career, which is part of the reason I never envisaged him breaking through in the PL. My memory of him is of a gangly, clumsy winger with very little talent.

1 Like

What are “Concrete Swimmin Pants”?

I’ve got a sudden urge to visit Primark

2 Likes

Why did he spend so much time explaining how Bruno rolls on the ground faking injury?

Because in order to have enough viewers, he has to say stuff to attract a wider audience than just fans of one club. He’ll be raking it in (through adds) by saying stuff that is at odds with what most United fans would say. I never really watch him - but his rant clips are great.

2 Likes

People probably claim that he’s an influencer, but to me that’s a load of nonsense. I was just thinking as I loaded up on wash & go at Tescos that surely nobody is gullible or susceptible enough these days to fall for such bollocks?

4 Likes

I think maybe you missed the sarcasm. He was going on about the red, and how the player was faking, rolling on the ground, screaming in pain and conning the ref, and not realizing (or blinkered) that he spent 5 minutes explaining exactly what bruno does (younger ron as well, to some extent old ron).

2 Likes
1 Like

Not sure I did miss the sarcasm - I was just pointing out that he says shit and drums up viewers/interest through discussing divisive issues, like diving.

2 Likes

I agree, except that was a pretty strong team for them. I think in many ways that was the problem, as they scored early, against a side they assumed they would beat, and on an astro pitch they likely didnt want to go all out on, and it makes sense they were not great.

1 Like

I’m quite surprised that a huge company like head and shoulders sponsor him with the swearing in the clips.

We all like a good swear but companies usually distance themselves from that dont they

1 Like

Haha, Wankdorf, just realized that. Young boys at the Wankdorf.

Welcome to the party.

1 Like

You and @Nobluff are now on a watch list :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s a really good shout, personally as a kid and a goalie I admired him and had no inspiration from us.

James made me laugh at times, took til Reina and I had semi retired.

1 Like

Love Goldridge, the post match was better. “Ole, Carrick, McKenna couldnt empty a jug of water if you told them the instructions were on the bottom”. Had me laughing so loud at midnight i woke the mrs up lol

4 Likes

Oh Jesus — I was commenting on the other thread about the name Wankdorf but I didn’t make the connection with the team name. :rofl:

“Man Utd couldn’t win against a bunch of young boys at the wankdorf.”

1 Like

This is the shit that keeps me going back whenever they lose or draw.

The old arrogance is there - We’re United, the biggest team in the world, we should smash anyone!!! - so whenever things don’t fall their way it is comedy gold.

It is just good, old-fashioned, schadenfreude-themed entertainment!!!

I find the complete obliviousness to Bruno being a snide little cunt particularly delicious.

10 Likes