The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Don’t want Manc get too much believes in themselves though.

Some good news….Ole stays another week and Ronaldo has not scored.

Ole deserves to have his contract extended.

1 Like

Slap down a contract extension now. The lads are clearly playing for Ole. This is the Utd way.

5 Likes

this could be the start of an amazing Utd comeback. What a fantastic miss by Penandes

1 Like

wow. they’ve done it. it’s actually incredible.

1 Like

Righto my fault for laughing at Ronaldo not scoring - sorry folks it was always going to haunt me….I’m leaving the room see you on the weekend.

1 Like

Let’s see if we can still squeeze some mileage out of that corny old ‘Ronaldo to Ole’s Rescue’ script. Works every fucking time.

2 Likes

This is great news.

The last iconic CL win got him three years. He’s there until 2025 now, at least.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the ‘How Ole is proving his doubters wrong’ articles tomorrow.

#Olein

2 Likes

The last iconic CL win was in 99, so thats 22 years, so realistically he should be demanding a contract til 2043

1 Like

They need a certain amount of belief to be buttered up for Sunday. :smiling_imp:

Glad about this….

Lost tonight I’d have expect them to fired up in an Everton Syndrome type way.

3 Likes

I’m not. This is the worst possible scenario for us going into the weekend. Their fans and players will be on a high and up for it now…but we’ll see…

2 Likes

Did you not watch our game yesterday?

1 Like

I get this angle, and it’s a tough game whatever form the teams are in, but they’ve been on highs a few times this season and come crashing down. I’d be much more concerned if they had lost tonight.

2 Likes

Has to be one of the luckiest people alive, EVER!

Definitely shows up against us, but I’ll take Alisson on current form (and on the last 3 seasons’ form).

I think it actually makes them believe something they aren’t.

The smoke blown up them when they beat Villarreal and then a draw to Everton

4 Likes

Yes and that is what concerns me…we tend to crumble at the back when we get under sustained pressure and they showed that ability in the second half to exert pressure at home.

I would much prefer them to have lost and be on a low but maybe I am wrong. I am not a psychologist…

2 Likes