The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I just go back to when they lost to Newcastle in 2019 and everyone was writing their obituary only for (two years ago to the day!) them to go 1-0 and lead the game for a full half…

Come On Football GIF by Liverpool FC

5 Likes

Not sure it matters how they feel. It stops us falling into the slight complacency a heavy United defeat might have induced.

7 Likes

I miss Adam… :cry:

4 Likes

I think we were getting a performance regardless, I wrote that earlier today that we will face pressure on our goal regardless they aren’t the worst going forward and the Everton once a season syndrome will kick in.

However we have a day on them. The Brentford pressure in the 3-3 wasn’t pressure it was gifted and if I’m honest so was Milan.

If you think they were going into our match demoralised I think you’d be kidding yourself. We just have to be better than them, perform to the level we can even this season and we should win.

Anything that buys Ole a bit of breathing space is fine by me, he will get all grouchy at the press conference come Friday.

9 Likes

Best possible result for us. Gives them false hope and takes the pressure off Ole for the time being.

We’ll fucking batter them. I’ll be on a goddamn trans-Atlantic flight so won’t get to watch.

1 Like

In fact I was half expecting the sack if Atlanta had gone on to win.

2 Likes

Me too. Gotta be honest I didn’t love him for a while, but the professionalism he showed after losing his place (still being a great leader for the boys) was impressive, and I definitely gained a lot of respect for him after that equalizer — we looked nowhere near scoring for most of that game. I’ll never forget being in the Crown Vic (LFC bar in DC) and the equalizer went in, we all started celebrating but had no idea who it was, then the camera panned to Adam and we all went “what?!?!?!” Regardless, he’s got a place in the history books in the title-winning season with that goal.

1 Like

‘I don’t want to be a party pooper…’

FT: Man Utd 3-2 Atalanta

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes on BT Sport: "I get all the excitement but that first half I just didn’t enjoy it and I think that first half put me off the second. I think if they were playing a better team they’d be out of sight. That first half was worrying. It looked anything but a team, it lacked unity - that was a worrying sign.

“Can they play Liverpool like that? Never in a million years.”

captain america shut up GIF

6 Likes

dead to me GIF

On the one hand I want Man Utd to lose all the time. On the other hand, enough wins here and there, to give them enough signs of hope to keep Ole at the wheel, is fine by me. They aren’t winning any big prizes with him, so long may it continue.

I think it was always on the cards that they would raise their game against us, given the rivalry. Bring it on! We are the better side and I expect us to win no matter what they do.

1 Like

If we don’t shit the bed and play to our true level then we’ll win. I can’t see them being as bad as they have been in the last few games, the nature and history of the fixtures suggests they’ll at least be up for the fight but quality should shine through eventually.

4 Likes

I bet Kevin O’Leary is a United fan. I like them about the same, anyway (excluding the one I lived with for 2 years, he’s sound, the rest suck).

Yeah maybe it’s because I’d just watch a good gig it didn’t bother me so much.

They were going be up for it regardless, let’s do them as after our game we should be rocking.

1 Like

Still would have preferred them not to have won tonight or their last game they had in the CL. Less money going into the club and increases the odds of not progressing.

Would absolutely hate to see them fluking this tournament.

3 Likes

Good win for ManU.

Remember, we don’t want Ole to get sacked!

1 Like

In some ways Ole is brilliant.

He performs just above the level that gets him sacked. Long term mediocrity is far more damaging than someone shit coming in and getting sacked halfway through the season.

7 Likes

Rashford out to make a point about how daft Ole is.

Get in!!! Ole’s at the wheel! :musical_note:

I agree with some of the comments above, particularly @mattyhurst. It doesn’t matter what form they are in coming into our game, they will show up for their mini final regardless. The way Neverton does for us, or, to be honest, the way we did for United 15 years ago.

I however, absolutely would have preferred them not to have a confidence building come-from-behind victory on the eve of our game.

We need to use that extra day’s rest.

5 Likes

This. They’ve fluked their way to second place last season and have now won two games at the death in CL, both after going behind, and are top of their group. I’d really wish they spent their winter in Europa League and it would have been nice to play a deflated team of theirs on Sunday.

3 Likes