The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

We can laugh as much as we want about them, but they show they have it in themselves to come back from difficult situations. Ole might be tactically inept, but he seems to be able to have his lads play for him. As others said, this ability saves him from being sacked, and that’s probably a good thing, at least as long as he remains the same tactical amateur.

Let’s see how it goes at the week-end. I expect a difficult match for us, as always at OT.

2 Likes

When the draw was made for the CL groups, most thought they would qualify and satisfied they would be taken out by someone in the round of 16. It is just the ‘spawny’ manner in which they have staggered to the top of their group with the likes of Robbie Savage coming in his trousers at the sight of Ronald McDonald scoring the winner that really makes my skin crawl.
After the lessons hopefully learnt from the slow start Cheaters game at Anfield a few weeks back, I have every confidence that the boys will demoralise and bring their shite fans back to earth at Old Toilet within 10mins of the game starting… 3-0 to the boys with a masterclass in football given freely

4 Likes

The commentary on BT sports really was nauseating. I lost count of the number of times Robbie Savage mentioned “the theatre of dreams”.

2 Likes

…and the all the times he mentioned…
“nothing better than a European night at Old Trafford under the lights”
Being kind here, but the guy is just a ‘Buffoon’ (Oh yeah… and a first class Knob-Ead)!

2 Likes

He’s also a Liverpool fan…bizarre.

It must have been the 17/18 season…he managed to get on the pitch for a good chunk of it and showed the league what he could do.

He was one of our most important players in that stretch.

And he always seems like a very decent fella.

Doubt that these days though… His 17yr old son just signed a Contract with the Scum after being in their academy for many years

And another De Gea worldie saved it from going to 1-3.

The only thing in their favour is the rivalry.

Utd a chance? Pish.

1 Like

De Gea’s return to form bugs me if I’m honest. Too often he’s kept these guys heads above water and has a really annoying habit of doing it against us.

1 Like

10 Likes

Love it, brilliant!

There’s no way they are winning the CL. They are a QF team and will lose any knockout tie against us, Man City, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Real Madrid, Juventus and likely 2-3 others.

We will beat them on Sunday, even if they play better than their usual level. If it causes a response for them against Chelsea and Man City, so much the better, though I expect that after facing those three teams, and losing the lot, even die hard Man Utd fans will know they are fourth best, at best.

8 Likes

It’s a knockout competition. Anything is possible.

2 Likes

2005 is a prime example of that.

3 Likes

They’re not even a Q/F team.

With their midfield and defence they will get knocked out in the Round of 16

3 Likes

fowler was a Everton fan.

1 Like

I get that it’s a knockout competition and anything can happen. Still, I’ve listed a good 8 teams who I think will beat them. In a one off game, maybe they prevail? But they will have to repeat that through the rounds of 16, 8, 4 and final.

Yes anything can happen, but they aren’t winning the CL, or the Prem for that matter, with Ole at the wheel.

If that comes back to bite me, so be it.

3 Likes

They have to be drawn against them first…

Imagine finishing ahead of us last season, bringing in a player who won multiple Ballon D’Ors (Ronaldo), a player who won everything for Club and Country (Varane) and one of the most promising young players in the World (Sancho) and still … :joy:

4 Likes
1 Like