The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Neville has got Inter Miami winning, I think he should be the next one, though Mark Hughes is also free.

Knowing this lot they will probably appoint Ronaldo as Player/Manager

Bruce is also at a loss

Suppose Carrick is due to step up

1 Like

Look…Teddy Sheringham also scored in that Champions League final. I think IF Ole is replaced, Teddy has to be given a chance.

6 Likes

Still not sure how he got the job frankly.

His record was a shorter version of Roy Hodgson’s

2 Likes

With all the luck he’s had as a manager and a player, he deserved every bit of that. Shame he probably won’t be able to keep his job. :crazy_face: :cold_face:

See, told you all the result on Wednesday would make them complacent. :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure who’d be sticking around wanting an autograph after that like. But I guess that takes a bit of bottle to go out and face them.

8 Likes

He’s crap, but he’s not a dick.

4 Likes

Suppose i would get every minute out of my dream job if I was facing the sack.

After the Pogba tackle amongst others my sympathy is in short supply.

1 Like

Maybe they were trying to get him to sign a letter of resignation.

1 Like

Tell you what, some of the things I’m listening from their camp (and I’m not talking about fans)…

They’re living in the past a little bit and it’s possibly the same thing that happened here at some point post-Bootroom era, let’s say. The same shit is happening with them at the moment.

Ole is constantly going back to what Fergie did, what they did in the good old days, United’s DNA (very few clubs have it in terms of playing style and very few clubs have it for a long time, Barca is probably the only real one out there).

I’m sorry but… “wingers playing wide and taking on players, front foot football, midfielders attacking the box, being strong/fast/robust”

That. Is. Not. DNA.

That is really a bunch of crap, something you’d hear in a pub. Not from someone in the position of Ole.

They’re celebrating too much some little victories like finishing second, getting some top players/stars/talents in. Of course, United are still a pretty attractive place for players.

But some of the things I hear from their senior members of the club at key positions, living in the past a little bit.

How about putting an XI together on the pitch that has sense what to do with and without the ball?

Ah, who cares, f*ck them.

6 Likes

When they celebrated the transfer window like Everton usually do I saw on my football team group a fair bit of crowing and I said to myself in a Francis Urqhart type way (House of Cards UK version) “let’s see how they do”.

Varane was a good signing and so was Sancho but I think they undid all that and this is even with De Gea whose had his best form for a while and who I was questioning at the start.

They need a Klopp especially after Jose and they didn’t. Any average manager can achieve bits and pieces, they wouldn’t have got CL without Leicester collapsing in our League title season, they seemed to benefit more than anyone last season from the lack of crowds (and lack of injuries).

But they are a good example of the fact you need the right set up in place and probably a good lesson for Newcastle to learn.

The question is can they do that or is the fan base and club incapable of saying we’ve got these players last summer they need to be bedded in, they need a season (or do they need a shiny new tool every summer) I said the 4-2 showed the difference between the clubs last season, that was the difference when we had a defense made up of players from our U23s.

1 Like

FA have the new target for the next round of grug testing

6 Likes

“Please take me with you, I’ve had enough”

4 Likes

Milking the ‘I’m the Manchester United Manager and I still can’t believe they gave me the job so here’s an autograph so you also don’t think it was a hoax when they eventually fire me’ moment.

1 Like

How do you expect to get any footing in a game playing what amounted to 4-2-4 where the front 4 won’t run, aren’t connected and maybe not even bothered. They basically left Mctominay and Fred to cover 5 of our players.

Inept is not the word

3 Likes

It’s not like they don’t have some willing runners in the squad as well. Lingard and VDB must be watching this shit scratching their heads as to why they barely get a look in.

2 Likes

Are the united fans making those combined xi again where they do mental gymnastics to keep atleast 4 united players in the xi

3 Likes

Neville’s delusion after the game was both irritating and delicious.

He said the performance wasn’t good enough (well obviously)
Then he said that the performances were good until half time of Leicester away…

Carragher said Solksjaer will never be able to compete with Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel
Neville said Mourinho is better than all of them and he failed so what’s the point of changing manager.

Neville said something has changed and It’s aren’t working hard anymore.
Carragher asked if that thing that changed is Ronaldo’s influence.
Neville says no, Ronaldo is one of the world’s best and you can’t question him because he’s better at football than any of us.

Carragher and Souness said a club the size of Man Utd shouldn’t have rookie coaches and rookies as directors of football/recruitment. Said he needs strong coaches around him.
Neville took that as an attack on his friends in the Utd coaching staff and got defensive.

It was both frustrating to listen to Neville fail to accept even the most basic points and also hilarious to watch the knots he would tie himself in to justify his friend remaining the manager.

Ultimately I think we can boil it down to this point…

If Ronaldo is one of the world’s best players (and he is) then he should be improving the team. The team is getting worse and Ronaldo is not contributing in a meaningful way. So, either Ronaldo has lost his ability/motivation or Solksjaer doesn’t know how to play to the strengths of one of the world’s best players.

Which one is true? Either Ronaldo or Solksjaer is a problem. It can’t be neither. It could be both.

6 Likes