The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I’m very sensitive to narcissistic behaviour, for reasons we won’t go into, and I see it in him.

Reckon matip might be taller or about the same height… Just that he slouches a bit with his build…

Konate is built like a tank. Hope the new song about him is about him making opponent strikers piss their pants

Really? My wife is similarly sensitive to such behaviour but she loves him.

I have to say that everything I know of Ian Wright leads me to believe the opposite. His backstory, his family, his persona as a team mate, even his punditry. I was lucky enough to go to his party when he broke Bastin’s Arsenal scoring record and whilst we didn’t interact much, he came across as an excellent bloke.

2 Likes

Wiki has him at 6’4" but looking at those images / clips I could swear he’s taller than that.

I did not in anyway mean to intend that phil didnt pull his weight… Its just that there needs to be accommodation for some needs … Phil was given a free role at liverpool and he fulfilled that very well… He did help out defensively too but the other guys made up for his shortcomings as well

The best narcs go unnoticed. They always seem charming and fun to everybody else, but I’d bet that his family have to tread on eggshells when he’s ‘got one on him’. It was clear as day when he was on ‘I’m a Celebrity’ to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is 6’ 4" and change. On the thin side at 95 kg, but still not easily moved. With that frame he could carry 120kg without much trouble, though no need for it in footy.

2 Likes

And any team can carry at the max one such player…

This united team carries pogba bruno and ronaldo… With an almost non existent midfield

3 Likes

No one had a free role for liverpool under Klopp and Phil showed no defesive shortcomings while playing for us. I think maybe what gets missed is that when playing in one of the attacking roles the high press is less about winning the ball with your pressure but more about forcing them to play into the areas you want them to. You cannot press effectively as a team without it, and we undoubtedly did even when Phil was here.

3 Likes

Always liked ian wright… Never saw anything in his behaviour which would lead me to think otherwise…

2 Likes

Think the issue was more about Phil being in the periphery when the ball came to defensive works in our half but that could simply have been tactics and having a free man to transition.

He’s a mountain isn’t he! Just swatting away potato head and Fred like the insignificant nuisance they are.

2 Likes

Fred is only 1.69 meters, so the differential is rather large.

They have Fernandes listed at 1.79, I suspect that is padded.

1 Like

A narcissist on I’m a celebrity? Wtf is happening in the world?

1 Like

He flicks Fred away with one hand.

2 Likes

Doubt bruno is anywhere close to 6 feet

They can’t get an accurate height for Bruno as his teeth efficiently converts any air movement into flight.

2 Likes

Apparently Pogshit has let it be known that he wants to commit to Utd but only if they ditch Olé. What a toxic piece of crap that guy is. The way him and his agent have fucked that club over with zero consequences is unbelievable. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team and they should just get rid asap , no matter the hit they have to take on him.

3 Likes

Most likely tactics. When we beat Arsenal at Anfield under Brendan, Coutinho was a key part of that playing in a deeper role and getting stuck in.

1 Like

Probably. Even in brendan era , i recollect a goal where phil dispossessed ozil and played a fucking fine pass for sturridge

2 Likes