The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Is it me or you who hadn’t understood the post?
Did you follow the link, for me the poster is spot on, in the sense of completely delussional :rofl: and surely that is what we love about Manure, Olé and Manure fans, no? :rofl: :partying_face:

Yes Moyes was completely delussional considering the squad he took over, which was Whysky nose’ fault! :rofl: :partying_face:

The thing is Maguire wasn’t bad for Leicester and isn’t bad for England either. The funny thing is he’s shit for Manure. :rofl:

May Manures ratings of their players continue so they continue to play a system that does suit any of them! :rofl: :partying_face:

Just checking that they are as poor as they seem. :rofl: :partying_face:

Anyway who cares as long as they are shit? :rofl:
I hope they get relegated this season so I can stop laughing and partying for a few minutes. :rofl: :partying_face:

Origi is a decent player, he just lost all his hunger after winning the CL and PL. Maguire is a decent player, he just all his hunger after winning the MU contract.

At 5.30 today, I’ll be a Spurs fan for 90 minutes. I know we all want Ole to remain in the job, but I’ll take great delight if Spurs give them a hiding.

3 Likes

Maguire is the epitome of everything wrong with Utd’s attitude to recruitment. They looked at him and thought ‘He’s good. Get him in.’ No thought to how he was going to fit into their system. What it was at Leicester that made him look good. How they would use him and whether he could do what needed.

Ditto Van der Beek. Ditto Pogba. Ditto Ronaldo. Ditto Fred. Etc etc.

The money they have wasted to essentially stay still is outrageous.

6 Likes

Those many $M they had parted with were not wasted.
They are just being charitable to the lesser PL and other teams. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

FIFY

5 Likes

Just a little edit there.

Goldbridge went on a decent rant last night, the gist of it being that Utd have snubbed Antonio because they know he won’t put up with their shite.

Essentially, they need a yes man.

If that is even remotely correct, deary me…

3 Likes

I’m more baffled by their retention of Pogba. Yeah, vast Instagram following and his image’s importance to The Brand™ aside, he could have been their Coutinho-to-Barcelona moment of sorts. A player who wanted to be elsewhere, was marketable and commanded a huge transfer fee that a few clubs could have afforded pre-COVID but who ultimately required the side to be built around him, perhaps stifling a few others in the process.

Maybe Conte will come and get the best out of him but I’m really not sure if he can work in the same side as Fernandes (maybe if the midfield was shaped as a diamond but I don’t think they have the rest of the personnel needed to make it a functional unit). I imagine that the new manager will look at his options and think “yeah, fuck this”, let him leave on a free, get the equivalent of Fabinho and Wijnaldum and build the side around Fernandes, Greenwood and Rashford.

That said, I hope they keep him, not buy any more midfielders and sell the latter trio as soon as possible.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/6o-Ot_nJPTk

This man ain’t getting the best out of Pogba, Ronaldo whoever. He prefers to kill them.

5 Likes

He needs to go to Newcastle. The Saudis would love him !

6 Likes

Ole should hear this.

1 Like

If you looking for the sides that allowed him to thrive, you’re basically looking at Conte’s Juve and France. Both are managers who are more than happy to leave talented players on the bench in favour of shape and plugging gaps. Notably both side included players whose role appeared to be to make up for Pogba’s deficiencies.

Interestingly for Juve is their midfield at the time also included Pirlo so it’s an indicator that at least defensively Conte was able to accommodate 2 players in his midfield who had to be carried defensively. I think the big difference is that Pirlo they werent getting in each other’s way in where they wanted the ball. You might be able to solve the defensive issue of how to get Bruno and Pogba in the same team (although not with Ronnie as well), but it still seems they’re going to get in each other’s way with the ball.

Yes, yes, Ole needs to stay.

3 Likes

Witnessed someone last night (well intentionally) try and convince a Man U fan that Pogba was a great player and he just needed the right man management… i.e. being played every week, being told how wonderful he is, etc.

Poor fellow was not happy about that. Suddenly went from lovely calm guy to getting quite upset.

His view was very similar to many on here, didn’t care how good he can be, if he can only manage to put a performance in once every 2 months then he doesn’t deserve his place.

1 Like

Also said similar re midfield balance. i.e. He only works when played with a really high class defensively minded midfielder in there with him, e.g. Kante for France.

I was gonna mention that it didn’t work that well in a midfield 2 against Switzerland at the Euros (yes he scored 1 of France’s 3, but remember him being culpable for at least one of Switzerland’s 3), but decided that for the good of the evening the convo was best ended quickly so instead I gave him a friendly hug and just said that if it helped I agreed that he was shit :grin:

I think that ties in to the set up around him. Leicester and England are fairly defensive. Likewise, so were Utd when he signed. Now they are much more open and he lacks the proper support around him.

1 Like