The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Cracking start by Maguire. Just don’t give him the ball.

1 Like

He’s such a petulant little shit, to think some people thought he was talismanic, he does absolutely nothing to demonstrate that. When things go south he starts throwing his arms around and becomes invisible. Zero leadership in adversity.

1 Like

“McTominay , the midfield destroyer … who destroys our midfield.” :rofl:

:rofl:

13 Likes

Just looking at the Skybet odds for next MU manager, surprised that Brendan Rodgers is stand out favourite at 5/6, while Zidane second at 5/1.

I respect Rodgers and like the guy, I think he has done a great job at Leicester but I just don’t see him being the man to turn things round for Utd, he just doesn’t seem to fit that club … and the fans will never properly get behind him

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s a lot better off where he is right now.

1 Like

They should give it to him if only for the laughs when he inevitably starts out by trying to convince everyone he’s Matt Busby returned.

2 Likes

There it is! :musical_note: Ole’s at the wheel :musical_note:

It’s been on the go for a while now.

The bottom line is that if they sack him now, there are no decent managers out there to take over, so actually I think he will last until the end of the season. Conte was the only one I was worried about and obviously he is off the table now. Not too concerned about Zidane, I don’t think he has the experience to turn around a club in such a state as utd

1 Like

It’s really rubbish being a Man U fan. I don’t like it at all. It must be horrible doing it permanently.

10 Likes

I think Rodgers was a promising youth team player at Utd before he suffered an injury. So there is a connection to between him and the club already. I would expect to hear more being made of that should Ole go and he is still being linked with the job. The only issue for him is his spell at Liverpool - but fans may allow themselves to ignore that given how it ended.

I actually didn’t know he had a connection with Utd, that was kept quiet when he joined us!

Wasn’t that Reading?

1 Like

This is cheeky from you, yes? You mean Ballymena United. You’re setting up the press conference for him. “Well, it’s my boyhood club, you know.”

Anyway, you only have to notice the immediate reaction at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester to know he would improve the play at Man United. Obvious choice, really. Not sure his ego could turn it down.

Rodgers would be a great replacement.

He’ll bring some nicer football which will buy him a few years but ultimately not good enough to compete at the top. Rubbish in Europe. Won’t have the set up that Leicester has to help him in the transfer market.

Another treading water type of appointment just to keep them ticking along at this pace. Lovely.

10 Likes

Its ridiculous the current Man U team on the field at this moment are are bought with huge money except Rashford I think…and they are performing like shit…no motivation…no tactics…no fight…no spirit…Its just so satisfying for me to imagine their fans tearing their hair out looking at this team playing and yet there is nothing, absolutely nothing they can do because the club is not going to sack Ole anytime soon…at least the world hopes so…

I think ManU is becoming one of those jobs like Real 15 years ago, where almost no one would turn it down unless they are in a good situation. Go, get paid a lot, get fired, get paid even more, and it is not much of a blemish on your CV. It hurt Moyes, but after Mourinho I think it will be seen in a different light.

5 Likes

Sorry, I got that wrong. Thanks to @wyld.at.hrt & @El_Dorado for correcting me. I don’t know why I thought that.

2 Likes