The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

You might think im just sticking the boot in while he’s down, and you’d be right, but I’ve never got the Bruno love. He’s the sort of player that can make a miraculous pass, but it will take him 20 shit passes to make that 1 good one. What’s the point?

In a Liverpool combined 11? Absolutely not.

4 Likes

A couple of the more calmer Man Utd fans I know are calling for him to go now.

I think he will over this period. If he survives I’d be shocked but then who do they go for.

Zidane doesn’t look like the kind who would bother with the stress. Rodgers is a possibility but I’m not sure what the reason would be for that.

Conte was a stop gap but he did give them something, Ponchettino wouldn’t be available til at least the summer and all for Spurs asking to get him back have forgot his teams were dreadful at the end, but he does offer something that I would have concerns about.

Another old boy? Darren Fletcher potentially, but I think that’s just silly and I’m not sure the fans would be happy.

1 Like

Rafa will be available soon :slight_smile:

I suspect he stays as there’s this internal resignation that they aren’t at our or City’s level. Top 4 will do and the only thing that will remove Ole is when that looks unlikely.

5 Likes

Genuinely not sure that I would take a single ManU player. They have some useful players, but just thinking back to that October 24 match, not one I would swap for their counterpart.

4 Likes

Fantastic troll post at that cafe place. Like the classic “Bent Signs” one.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Leaves Managerial Post

1 Like

his ego…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Rodgers is much better than Ole but they need root and branch reform, not just a better coach.

Go to Ajax with a pile of money.

TenHag manager; Overmars DOF; Van der Sar CEO.

Stay relevant in the immediately near term, but build it up long haul.

They won’t do it. It’s a cash cow for the Glazers, and running a good football club is very much secondary.

Love it!

1 Like

Steve Nicol is not impressed:

"The Mourinho’s and even Van Gaal’s, somebody you’d listen to, you don’t listen to Ole and nobody listens to Brendan Rodgers either. Brendan Rodgers doesn’t have the character to be the leader at Manchester United. You are going for the same thing as the guy you are getting rid of. Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool had a worse record than Ole [at Manchester United]. Under Rodgers, they were seventh or sixth, second and then sixth. Ole has got United into the Champions League two out of three years, Brendan got Liverpool into the Champions League once in three years. We have sat here and criticised Ole from the minute he walked into the door because he loses big games, loses finals, he can’t win any trophies but how many trophies did Brendan win at Liverpool in three years? Zero.”

From Man Utd should replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with 'amazing' Premier League boss, claims pundit

4 Likes

Just one thing. Ole has spent £400 million to achieve what he has or hasn’t.

10 Likes

I meant for Man Utd

I wasn’t going to mention the massive coin spunkage or the fact that Rogers was dealt Balotelli well OLE was given CR7. Nichol also omits the FA Cup for LC, too. Just funny, one-sided quote. Can see him propped up in the pub while saying it.

3 Likes

Steve Bruce is available.

As is Farke who is pretty good at getting teams promoted from the championship

1 Like

I honestly think it will be Brodge. I think they’ll throw a ton of money at him to see them to the end of the season. I think he’d do OK there as well to be honest. I’d fancy them for top 4 a lot more if he was there rather than the ex-substitute who got Cardiff relegated that they have now.

2 Likes

I seriously don’t get the point of Solskjaer. He doesn’t do any coaching, seemingly has no concept of tactics or strategy and just sits in the dug-out looking stupid while his players run around like children. It’s fucking weird.

10 Likes

Fuck sakes pipe down!!! Don’t let them hear you saying that.

8 Likes

I know man. I just absolutely don’t get it. He must have photos of Bobby Combover getting jiggy with a donkey or something.

BR would be better than Ole but will still not succeed. The managers that would do well are not available, and the managers that are/could be available won’t be able to deal with the Ronaldo effect, in other words they will have to setup for Ronaldo rather than institute their own philosophy. They might as well make Ronaldo player/manager (please) or just keep Ole, who will at some stage go on a run to keep them in or close to top 4.

If they want to help themselves they should fire all of Ole’s team (assistants etc) and hire quality coaches that can implement a standard way of playing. They should only sign players that fit into the aforementioned way of playing. Keep Ole as a figurehead (puppet) to stand on the touch line and point frantically while the players ignore him and stick to their training. This way the owners can keep the Ole buffer, keep on profiteering off the club, and would probably improve in both profitability and on field performance, but just not to the max. They still won’t win anything, but will be an improvement.

I personally think their owners like this setup where they buy players that are worth more from a marketing pov than a playing pov. If you have a style of play then you can’t add all the shiny new toys as some of them won’t fit, but if you dont have a style then you can sign anyone that will help the club in a marketability/profitably way, and then you can continue to fleece the sheep.

Drawing Motivation GIF

1 Like