The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

A nostalgic look back at the class of Summer 2014. Moneyball at its…

from Imgflip Meme Generator

True, but it will also expose what was always his biggest weakness, sorting out a suspect defence, and he will insist on building his defence around Slab Head - long may it continue

2 Likes

Lallana £34m?

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I’m not worried about my friends, my family, my wife, my marriage, my business or the planet as a whole (particularly) I am worried about BR managing united.

Maybe that shows what a chilled cool and froody dude I am. OR I’m utterly insane. The fact that I don’t know which it is shows how little time I’m currently spending in my skull. #BRoutandmovedtojuventus

1 Like

Man Utd are likely to sack Ole mid way through a 5 game run in 15 days.

That’s the way they act nowadays

2 Likes

It’s just bliss :slight_smile:

What’s the betting on Giggs / the old bastard as joint managers? One to drink and the other to romance the players’ wives? Heard Giggs loved a drink……

1 Like

The fact of the matter is BR improves United

That being said they are gonna have to really scrape the barrel to find somebody worse than Ole, so at least they aren’t getting a manager who has a winning pedigree (from anywhere other that Scotland when it was a 1 team league)

2 Likes

I think putting Matt Busby in charge would be the only way you can step back.

And he’s been dead for a few years now.

1 Like

Also had his links to Liverpool!

2 Likes

That’s why I was polite about him.

I’m surprised they haven’t asked Ferguson to get involved though as everyone knows he didn’t actually do anything in his last couple of years.

1 Like

BR is a slightly lesser version of Wenger. He likes to centre his teams on attractive attacking play, however if the defence is not there, or once they retire, he is shit out of luck. He can not build a defence nor will he delegate a qualified coach or assistant to create one (ego?). The Liverpool team that nearly, was a team of a few extremely talented players that dragged us within inches of a title. No idea why I quoted Mascot.

I personally think Ole is a better manager than Brenda…!
So what’s to worry about…
I remember the first thing King Kenny said to a reporter when he was asked his thoughts about Jurgen coming in to replace Rodgers…
" Well he doesn’t love himself " was KK’s reply…
Sort of sums BR up in a nutshell eh :0)

3 Likes

The script though is written with Rodgers.

He would do well there initially. A positive bounce as he becomes the players best friend. He will be hailed as the second coming. If he gets the motivation, and positive momentum he could even win a domestic trophy. He will sign a midfielders from Leicester or other past clubs, who will perform no better or worse than McFred.

They will crash out of Europe at the group stage, or perhaps first knock out rounds. Unfortunatly when that momentum stops (bad luck, injuries, loss of form). He lacks of respect of others. Being Ronaldos/Pogbas friend will bite him in the arse. They will turn on him and blame him for results. Fans will highlight his David Brent style to management, and with every poor result the football mottos will grate more and more. When Liveprool batter them Rogers will highlight the exceptional character their team displayed, and that he was proud. Sealing his own fate.

United sack him 18 months to 2 years after initially hiring him. New man brought in with a rebuilding job. Replace recently retired Ronaldo and departed Pogba. Getting rid of some of the average PL proven players Rodgers bought.

7 Likes

from Leicester…

I’m not 100% sure about all the hate of BR.

Can somebody explain it to me?

1 Like

He is viewed as being somewhat arrogant and divisive from when he was at the club. Similar comments have been made by Celtic fans of his time there.

1 Like

Remember the portrait of himself in his own house.

He explained that the portrait was a gift from a disabled Swansea fan (or a group of them, I can’t exactly remember), made in gratitude for what he had done for the club. I wouldn’t hold it against him, although there are other things that made him ultimately unlikeable to other fans.

4 Likes

If it was a gift then it’s a bit odd I guess. If he commissioned it himself then I’d be worried.

Midterm Elections Water GIF

1 Like