The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

You don’t say after rubbing your hands with joy on national television when they beat Paris.

3 Likes

I was going to post this

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

But I found this

premier league facepalm GIF by BBC

8 Likes

I know there is a manager sacked every week but I don’t recall a more obvious “he’s gone” than poor old Ole. Even when we were lining up to piss off BR.

Fluked there way through the CL so far in hardly the group of death. That aside it’s when you use the words embarrassing and no tactics that means the end. Absolutely horrid v LFC and City. Untenable.

Speaking of BR if he gets the job I will be pissed. Can coach mind you. He will have a hard on right now in expectation. But will just big himself up more and drive me crazy.

1 Like

A Shitty fan posted the below on the Caf…

Hate giving any of those cunts kudos, but lol…

Winning the Scottish league was as unremarkable then as it is now. I know that SAF did it with Aberdeen, but it was still a farmers league. Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria. SAF turned into the greatest ever, but he didn’t arrive as that. Maybe the same will happen with Solskjaer.

Master troll at work.

6 Likes

You know you are in deep shit when a City fan is trolling you. Happy days :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

Be very interesting how United would react to having an ex Liverpool manager if BR does go there.

Ole for the last few games:

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

1 Like

Makes Rafa to Everton seem trivial.

Winning the Cup Winners Cup puts Aberdeen up there with Mechelen, Dynamo Tiblisi and MTK Hungaria…

And Man City…

Goldbridge last night was saying if someone offered him BR today in place of Ole he’d take it in a heartbeat.

I think the fact a) it’s been a while since BR was here b) he didn’t do a lot notable while he was and c) isn’t held in much regard by the Liverpool fans, would lessen the pain somewhat.

As is the fact d) they’re so desperate they’re basically feral at this point.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t like to see Rodgers become a figure of hate, which is what would happen if he goes to Utd.

1 Like

Goldbridge is the type of guy who would, at different times, take Ole, Brendan and then who knows who else in a heartbeat.

:joy:

1 Like

Tbf we had the best season we’d had for years under him. We were all believers again for a while!

Though agree there’s always been a general ambivalence towards BR. It wouldn’t really bother me if he went to United

The truth about Fergie’s tenure at utd reveals why that was a mere mirage and didnt provide any protection for Rodgers. The commonly told story is that Utd’s run in the 89-90 FA cup, and specifically the goal by Mark Robbins in the semi against Oldham, is what saved Fergie from the chop. The reality is his position was never really under threat because the powers that be, specifically Edwards and Charlton, knew how Fergie was remodelling the club from the ground up and so was viewing his performance more holistically, in a way that gave him cover for his less than stellar results with the first team.

Rodgers actively fought the club’s attempts to do similar meaning for him it was results or death.

As this relates to Ole, there are enough people still around who remember that time and so may be viewing Ole role with Fletcher, Murtaugh etc from a broader perspective. The issue here is that work is essentially a condemnation of the legacy of the person with the biggest influence on the board so is unlikely to be a valuable post to lean on for Ole.

3 Likes

We played some of the best football I’ve ever seen under him and we came very close. I know people hate him and people know I like him. I have a 10ft picture of myself over my home’s entrance hall in his honour. Like him, hate him, respect him or not. He’ll do a hell of a lot better than Ole IMHO. And he’ll get them playing attacking football. Not good, not good at all.

2 Likes

Brendan, meet Mario. Now get results or fuck off.

1 Like

Said it above. Car Salesman vs Ego 1 and Ego 2. Could get fun

But he should do better than Ole. He’s got an idea what he wants teams to do for starters. Ole is best suited to Under 6’s - “just go out there, run and kick the ball boys”

1 Like

That’s partly what kept him in a job for so long - there was some sense of guilt over the players that were brought in for him.

2 Likes

You know, I had genuinely forgotten that Balotelli was ever a Liverpool player.

5 Likes

Good for your health. :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes