The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The answer in that case would be to offer him the job on the understanding he is released for the French one, wouldn’t it? Even ZZ for half a season is likely to be better than with Ole!

I think that’s a bit of an embarassing situation. It’s one thing to tell a manager it is a short term appointment on your terms. Its another entirely to accept it as one on his terms, especially when there is so much work that needs to be done at the club. How do you do any of that meaningful work without the long term manager in place, unless you do it in a way that says to new appointees their input are not relevant?

2 Likes

He may now want that. Let us be honest, taking over Manchester United isn’t as easy as many of the United supporters say it is, with “we have one of the best squads, we should be challenging for the Premier League title this season and not just Top 4” and “everyone would do instantly a lot better”. If I were Zidane, I am not sure I would take the risk, especially if it was just as a Caretaker for a few months. Because if it then does not go according to how that club and their fans hope, Zidane could risk something that means a lot more for him. I don’t think Zenedine wants to be a Bicycle repair man really, but maybe I am wrong.

However, it is not as if you have to appoint the greatest and most charismatic star-managers for a caretaker job. So a popular man like Zenedine should hardly be the only answer. And to be frank, I am not even sure they can choose from the very top of the shelf anyway, unless they pay exorbitant sums and promise exorbitant war chests for yet another new project.

But yeah, they are in a shit situation, hehe. No obvious easy answers. Still, I am surprised that Solskjær has not been sacked given the immense hostility and etc.

Made complete sense and I didn’t find anything wrong with what was said, until the 40 sec mark! WTF.

Don’t think I agree with Nev there. The process could be used for social engineering, but could also be used for honest engagement with the fans on issues they are demonstrating are important to them. It’s only social engineering if the process is used to get out an inauthentic message, and one that is aligned across all users who use the process.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Needed something to pick up the spirits after the shit result.

1 Like

My pleasure to brighten your day! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Did you miss the part where they analyze fan sentiment and then work with player and team to counter negative narrative. So in other words placate the fans, herd the sheep.

Which is standard PR - coaching how to get the message out you want to get out so it will be received in a way you want it received.

2 Likes

And people are surprised by it.

1 Like

Good news for Man U, and potentially bad new for all of us.

Pogba possible out till January - via SSN;

Meanwhile, Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba fears the thigh injury he sustained on international duty could rule him out for the rest of the year.

Pogba suffered the injury while training with France ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Finland.

He will be assessed by the Manchester United medical staff to determine the severity of the injury.

2 Likes

Meh. We don’t beat, I mean play, them again until March.

4 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of United in general being better without carrying Pogba - a chance for Donny perhaps.

1 Like

darn it. The penny has dropped for Ferdinand. I see this as a milestone. If Ferdinand can see it then even a blind dog could figure it out.

3 Likes

Funny to think this is the same guy who said: “Man United might not thank me, but get the contract out, put it on the table, let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there – given what he’s done since he’s come in – and let him sign the contract and go. Man United are back, baby!”

I guess they definitely aren’t thanking him. :rofl:

4 Likes

Stumbled onto this and while I know the whole clip has been done to death it’s still funny

1 Like

They never get old

2 Likes

Ole is planning to use Sancho as a wingback :joy:

1 Like

Ferdinand also admitted to having never been “fully convinced” of Solskjaer’s ability to lead United back to the Premier League summit.

"I was always deep down a bit sceptical. Could he take us on to be champions? I wasn’t sure, I wasn’t fully convinced, but hoped he would be able to do that.

“But the showing with the squad he accumulated to the beginning of this season and what I’ve seen this season, I just feel that maybe it might be the time now for the baton to be handed over to someone else who can take us on.”

fd6

8 Likes