The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

At least we can make fun of them in the next two weeks.

Coming soon. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I blame Ole for distracting us and making us lose focus against West Ham.

2 Likes

I hate it that West Ham are above us in the table, but kinda humorous that The Chosen One has his club farther up the table than The Frozen One.

5 Likes

Too right I can not stop laughing and singing silly rhymes. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s a difficult one. I’d probably throw a hyphen in there to play it safe.

Star Trek Wow GIF

He’s a throw back. Excellent player, but only players one way. And it’s just really difficult these days to win meaningful trophies with a player like that, who contributes so little when you don’t have the ball.

He’s imparting the Utd DNA. It’s a bit of a nebulous concept, but the longer he’s around and the more Nev supports him the more it seemingly means perpetuating myths about their history and reasons for their past success.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hold on, Ed Woodward is leaving in three weeks? I had missed that completely.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

By the end of 2021 I believe…

Happened a few months ago.

1 Like

They’re just as unhappy with the new bloke, Murtaugh(?), so happy days for us.

In Australia we talk about workplaces having a ‘no dickheads policy’.

Seems Utd are ‘dickheads only’.

2 Likes

Shame.

For them.

Happy happy joy joy for the rest of us…

Told you. He’s safe until top 4 starts to look dodgy.

Plus it’s likely that Woody wants to pass the buck of a new manager to the new man.

1 Like

Been leaving for about two years it feels.

Like those Eagles last tour

2 Likes

Genuinely surprised. They are playing a dangerous game with their fan base now. Toxicity levels approaching 50 Mega tonne nuclear yield, set up for maximum fallout.

2 Likes

Not really. It could be that they do not see anyone they want as a replacement being available right now.

I get that. I do. I also understand that they may not want to hire another Caretaker-manager, who may turn results around, play positive football leading to them hire him or her (let us be honest, it’s him) , but for them to go on a similar downward trajectory later. I get all of that. But still, Manchester United analyses social media (example : Gary Neville tells Manchester United's CEO of media to 'get the f*** away' from the players | Daily Mail Online ) , they must have seen how hostile the fan base has become. Is that sustainable just as long as they sell Ronaldo shirts ?

I was “wait and see” with Solskjær, thinking they ought to give him a sporting chance. But he has been given that, few if any in the modern footballing world are given more than this. And although it is likely hyperbole exactly how bad he is, he isn’t good enough, has failed to establish a clear pattern of play (this I think is the worst, because then you can’t really see true progress) and now he is becoming a hate-object, the club a laughing stock with rival fans cheering his name. It is Banter FC right now, lol.

Ah, well, at least there will be entertainment ! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am a bit surprised in this, but yeah who do you appoint, kind of suggests ZZ isn’t keen which doesn’t surprise me, to me he only did RM because he was at the club and he was connected to them.

There is no Dalglish type figure to roll in because Ferguson is too old. He left no succession and it is something Klopp needs to plan for saying that Klopp’s only been around for 9-10 years if he does indeed leave then.

Fergie was over 25 years, they’ve gone short term or left their talents on the bench. I thought they may have bought well in the summer and then they went for headlines and disabled the whole attacking unit to go with their poor defense.

And they’ve even had some of the luck they had last season.

2 Likes

ZZ has allegedly made it clear to those who know that he’s waiting for the France job. He’s not putting pressure on DD to leave and so he’s happy to wait for as long as needed for that one, and doesnt want to find that opportunity blocked when it does finally become available.