The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Please, please, please let it be so. Please, please, please. I feel like a little kid hearing that, genuinely one of the things I want the most in my life. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

So, because Gary Neville has said Pochettino would take the Utd job, Sky’s headline is ‘Pochettino interested in Man Utd job’, even though Poch has said nothing about this publicy. Utter drivel from Sky.

1 Like

Yeah someone is pushing that it’s on the BBC but has literally no source or even acknowledgement of source.

All it seems to be is Ponchettino would like Leonardo to sod off, what does he think he would get at Man Utd? The ability to buy who he wants.

2+2 = 72 it seems

Indirectly, rather than directly in the contract for the vast majority of it. So missing out one year won’t have a huge impact on their commercial revenue, might affect any renewals that happen to fall in that period. A couple of their deals appear to have a ratchet clause for CL play though.

1 Like

I understand that Southgate has extended his contract with England

That’s another option gone

Even that’s very dubious, came from Phillipe Auclair who has no connections at PSG and he was saying that something would give over the summer and nothing did. Leonardo even gave an interview with Canal + that indicated the contary to what was reported by this 'sports journalist Musician philosopher … As soon as I see philosopher mentinned for a Frenchman I ignore all they say as they tend to be full of poop.

Talksport or Talkshit is behind this pochettino rumour indicating close circle of him saying he wants to leave PSG as soon as possible to take the Manure post. How many times do we see this? Probably someones dog somewhere in Argentina.

Didn’t Pochettino roll over his contract this past summer, extending it to 2023?

I guess there is some plausibility to the idea that he would consider taking over this summer, giving him a run at winning the CL with his current PSG side.

Melissa Reddy has also indicated that Pochettino could quit PSG for Man United pretty soon, citing a number of reasons (everything from his family living in a hotel, his staff not being given the same treatment as in Tottenham to sense of belonging in PL and not dismissing Man United at the third time of asking).

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

His close familly, wife, live in London.

I think there is always scope for a new manager to get more leeway than his predecessor, especially when the number of potential candidates are low and the hiring club somewhat desperate.

Would have to agree. If they just want an interim guy to take them to the end of the season, Bruce would likely do better than Carrick.

2 Likes

Can someone please put Brucie’s melon on that Vince McMahon gif?

1 Like

Speaking of which, I bumped into Rio again this morning…

4 Likes

They’re only 6 points off fourth place, would be ridiculous inept even for them to already write this season off.

Don’t reckon they’ll get it though. Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs with Conte should all back themselves to finish higher in the table. Even Wolves might fancy their chances, they look a much more solid team than United.

They are a shambles. I have a bet with a Man Utd mate of mine, made when they got Ronaldo and he was on a high, over who finishes higher this season, Liverpool or Man Utd. It’s for a bottle of Irish whiskey. Like taking candy from a baby.

9 Likes

You’re probably right but that means they have faith in Carrick.

ok then

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I dont see any immediate issues without CL next season, other than some minor inconvenience to recruitment. Lots of money and an easier schedule next season to get back in. Maybe even a Europa League win to get the momentum going again.

Financially I agree but from attracting certain managerial staff and players that may be a bigger issue.

Thankfully Klopps don’t grow on trees but I could still see it an attractive proposition for someone like Rodgers I guess.

Some managers perhaps, but Man Utd is a financial beast in football, so that reticence can usually be overcome with the right assurances. If managers don’t go to Utd, I suspect it is not because of the lack of CL football.