The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

It depends in which period we are also. There are good managers who are not winning much, it’s not all black and white. Rafa’s Liverpool won it’s only 3 trophies in a year’s span (2005-2006), later until 2010 as we realistically became a better side in the next 4 seasons, we won zero. Sure, there is some romanticism over someone like Bielsa. But that doesn’t make me turn to dislike them either. I just take them as they are, one of the different levels below, good managers who have certain traits that are not so attractive to top clubs (who also make mistakes, there are mistakes on all levels on football on a daily basis) and/or have failed there or not have enough success to continue earning those jobs. There are plenty managers, but not a lot of serial winners clubs who are almost always up there. It’s more predictable than before. And then fans will think about a lot of managers that they deserve this or that. With some of them, they might be right. With a lot of them, there are probably good reasons why their careers (or peak) are what they are, not at the top level.

1 Like

I think sometimes some managers are more influential with their sometimes radical views or ways than how good they are when you put it altogether. And then some other managers manage to blend what they are themselves + that extra knowledge into a package that is more suited for the day to day work at a top club. That’s also not defending a lot of today’s players, who are also not what they were before. Sometimes managers fail at top clubs not solely due to their work. So it’s always a combination of things, more or less.

2 Likes

I’m wondering how long it will take before he tells Alex to piss off…

1 Like

My bet is once he realises how fucked the job is and wants an easy out

2 Likes

Not too worried about this one.

Rangnick is a class coach but with the dead wood at United that needs to be cleared , will take a good few years for that to happen

2 Likes

That’s the thing about this appointment, it looks to be about the medium to long term, not the short term, which is more of a concern because Utd might actually be getting their act together.

1 Like

Maybe Man U dodged a bullet in Cunte. Imagine the presser.

“Now that I have been here three weeks, I can see the situation. Where is the midfield? There is Fred. I thought, he’s Brazilian; he has only one name; he must be good, yes? No. And Matic, the legs are no longer so young. McTominay looks like a strong boy who likes to defend, but really he doesn’t defend so well. Then, in the back line, there is someone who looks like Frankenstein’s monster. Who is this? Slabhead, they call him…”

7 Likes

Unless you are Van der Vaart, then you have another name for him :rofl:

2 Likes

Wether he is a good coach or not is immaterial. You can polish a turd but it will still be a turd.

Like Napoleon said to Talleyrand… “you’re shit in a silk stocking.”

:joy:

I’m sure Manure turds are like mine come out all shiney shitty brown the difference is I can flush mine away. :smiley:

Well, not exactly, it suggests a sea change. Going forwards, they are likely to develop a structure and identity which future signings are going to fit into. Given the financial strength of the club they will be able to do that much easier than it would be for other clubs and they already have a top youth system.

That is only if he is allowed to make the changes he wants.

Remember Old Whiskey Nose is still hanging around like that first fart in the morning and won’t want anyone to steal his record or legacy.

And Eddy boy was ment to leave but has just announced he plans to stay on longer and won’t want to give up the power he has. SO all in all, Ralf will still be left polishing a turd

I don’t think Ralf joins Utd unless he has had assurances. Woodward staying probably has little impact on that as his role differs to what Ralf would be expected to do. To be honest, his role was supposed to be split between Murtagh and Fletcher, so I’m not sure what any of them do - it’s very unlikely any of those three have the experience and understanding of what Rangnick brings.

Ronaldo pressing lol

4 Likes

But what if you roll it in glitter??

:thinking:

This is what I’m most looking forward to.

Even TalkSport yesterday, which has generally been gushing about him, highlighted yesterday that this ain’t a gonna happen.

They already tried that in the summer with Ronaldo.

Verdict: A turd is still just a turd