The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The only thing sad about this is that Watford somehow couldn’t do the ultimate goldbridge meltdown and steal a win at the end.

He had a great day by the looks of it

2 Likes

Hate to see this vague PR shite from players. Fuck your sponsorships and say Ukraine, you little rat.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Someone needs to link him up with Goldbridge and they can host together.

5 Likes

Is this the case for Kane being built here?

1 Like

I guarantee you they think they are favourites to land Haaland.

I read a review this morning of what their problems are, and while much focus was on the idea of rebuilding their squad, it was amazing to read the lack of acknowledgment of the difficulty of doing that in a helpful way. A significant number of their players have contract issues meaning they are facing losing lots of bodies for no income. The other issue is players like Ronaldo who are being identified as being needed to shift is an anchor that no one will take off them.

2 Likes

This fuck-knuckle can have an A+ for optimism…

Spawny bastard, just seeing these celebrations should be fuelling us to screw them over at Anfield

6 Likes

how good is the insult ‘fuck knuckle’

id almost forgotten its existence…going straight back to the top…

thanks @SBYM for making it fresh again…i still think your a bit of a fuck knuckle…but good stuff none the less.

ya fuck knuckle

4 Likes

Also their scouting system hardly inspires confidence that they will get the right players anyway.

2 Likes

We won a cup and we celebrated I know it’s been some years but bloody hell they need to chill.

6 Likes

Even if they do get the right players , they are just gonna regress there anyway

2 Likes

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Ralf Rangnick realising that he has no idea what he’s doing

2 Likes

Every match I watched in the various leagues has talked about Haaland going there. There is only one and it will be intriguing to see how quick he adapts.

1 Like

Random Quote from Redcafe

“It’s about the system. If we get a good system and one more unreal player it could all click. Our strikers are lacking. Get someone to gobble up those chances and we are laughing. Get a tough conductor in midfield and we are laughing. I think a long term GK with ace distribution must be pretty close to a priority too”

These guys really don’t ask for much do they.

2 Likes

They said one more unreal player and then suggested signing 3 players without addressing how dogshit their defence is.

Varane could be ok if they sort his injuries but the rest make me chuckle when I see them defend saying all that Bailey was supposed to be the dogs bollocks and then they signed Maguire for 80m.

Maybe just maybe the whole structure stinks?

5 Likes

They seem to think that someone like Fabinho in midfield could shield their defense…Right in theory if you are playing a high backline , Doesn’t work even if the current players force one of the innovators of gegenpressing to play a low block.

They’ve got issues all over. I think 2022 onwards is the first time that I’ve felt that there wouldn’t be any Man Utd player who’s fit for playing in Liverpool’s senior squad. Not the first choice team, not even being the preferred substitute.

Greenwood (If you consider his talents as a footballer , might have made it but since he’s gone (for good i hope) , I don’t think there’s anyone fit for purpose.

Ironic how they’ve fallen… There were loads of man utd footballers who would walk into liverpool during Fergy days. Even doing Moyes days, There were atleast 4-5 manchester united players who could walk in(considering our bench strength was so lacking) , 3 players in LVG and Jose days too i guess. We could have used Bruno to win those cheap penalties in Ole Days.

Now the team has regressed so much, no disrespect to Ronaldo,Cavani,Mata,Matic but they’re Old and past their best. DDG isn’t a keeper who can play well for us. I rate Sancho but he wouldn’t displace any of our present lot or their backups.

7 Likes

Man United 2022 are basically what we were between 1993-2005.

There’ll be a few trophies for them along the way, league cup here, fa cup there, might even win a Europa League, but they’re a long way off challenging for the league / champions league.

2 Likes

I would disagree. Even though were were often poor during this period our team did have a coherent system. We played some good football during this period and had some success.

Might be a case for comparison with Souness’s side…
This Utd team are worse than that.

2 Likes

In the mid 90s we would often finish 5-8th… that’s where United are now.