The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

What was needed was a gradual transition, bringing the old guard on board while replacing them. instead he just had to try to do everything at once and ended up butting heads with the old guard, some of who he had personal issues anyway.

1 Like

I was watching a documentary about him that they had done here in France (Canal+ , I think) , the basic premise being that he was a complete psychopath. There was clips of loads of his greatest hits (literally) and was I left absolutely open -mouthed at some of them. I’d never forgotten what a great player he was , but fuck me he was an absolute animal too.

I wonder if Souness would have worked better with a committee who knows but it’s a different era and you probably find 100 managers in a similar boat.

And this is a post to mock Man Utd isn’t it, thinking forward to Saturday they are such a woeful team… absolutely dire.*

*Dunno if the truth works on these things

1 Like

Souness (S*n shit notwithstanding) is a football man I still have a lot of time for. He sees football like Roy Keane does and it’s a no nonsense no compromise approach that made them both great in their eras but not cut out for high level modern management (or in Keane’s case even my under 7s). Graham is clearly smarter and wiser but he lacked the patience and humility (at the time) to realise that the squad rebuild he wanted couldn’t happen immediately and would mean at least a couple of years off the top. And like Keane he was not a good judge of playing suitability. At the time, his signing as manager after success with Rangers (who were at a high level at the time) was expected to keep us on our perch. In the end he just accelerated the breakup of Kenny’s team and ensured that we had to ‘rebuild’ from a much lower base after he left which took more than a quarter of a century to overcome.

2 Likes

I can still see the assault on Haaland now, after all these years. It was horrific.

2 Likes

And a genuinely phenomenal manager in Klopp and a non back-stabbing owner like FSG.

2 Likes

Quite possible but he was also lumped with sorting out everything in players contracts. That brought players asking why so and so was earning more than me etc.

Basically to my mind the club infrastructure was years behind where it needed to be even then.

WTF is going on here??? :crazy_face:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
From one of the betting company website (been asked not to mention its name so not to promote them further), it has a faux news section, from 2 weeks ago, one of the headline and article:

Man Utd players spend day at Battersea Dogs Home learning how to hold onto leads ​

Some real pedigree performers show United’s players how it’s done.

Manchester United have sent their players to Battersea Dogs Home in a desperate bid to save their season.

The squad spent the day in the company of rescue dogs to gain some much-needed experience at holding onto leads.

It’s understood United boss Ralf Rangnick organised the team bonding session after watching his side throw away another two points against Southampton on Saturday.

Players including Portuguese duo Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes took turns at walking a variety of dogs around the grounds of the shelter.

A club source told us: “Ralf thought it might help the lads hang on for a win but everything went to sh*t the second they asked Harry Maguire to walk a 13-year-old arthritic Pug called Milo.

“A few seconds into the walk, Harry fell over when Milo twisted the lead around his legs.

“While Harry lay on the deck screaming for a foul, Milo made a run for it. Well, I say run. It was more like hobbling while panting heavily.

“Harry’s tried his best to catch Milo but it was no use. The pug was just far too quick for him.”

Further chaos ensued when Ronaldo, Jason Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba were asked to walk a pack of retired racing greyhounds.

“The greyhounds were straining at their leashes when all of a sudden, all four dogs broke free,” the source continued.

“Instead of chasing after the hounds, Ronaldo threw his hands in the air in disgust and stormed off back to his sports car.

“Sancho and Rashford half-heartedly jogged after the dogs but gave up after a few seconds in the hope that someone else might pick up the chase.

“Pogba went live on Insta and recorded the dogs running off into the sunset before treating his followers to a series of ‘Dabs’ and other equally infuriating hand gestures.”

“It’s safe to say, the club’s been barred for life”, added the source.

7 Likes

Come on Man Utd.

Ugh.

But for one day.

4 Likes

Just show us what u r made of…u bunch of halfwits…

1 Like

He should have gone to prison for that.

1 Like

Manchester United are less despicable than Manchester City.

3 Likes

It’s fucking close, mind….

5 Likes

It’s win win for us tomorrow. We either get a massive lift to the title or Goldbridge goes

GIF by Giphy QA

Definitely. Can’t stand Man Utd but they are a proper club, with their own legends, and a global fan base. We all spent the best part of two decades looking up at them, after they looked up at us for much of the 70s and 80s and now we are on top again… although their money means they are still thereabouts, and with the right set up (guffaw) they could challenge for the title again.

Can’t stand Man Utd, but definitely a proper club.

Man City are a stain on the game.

10 Likes

Caveat: United’s domination was as much due to the officials as to their footballing prowess.

They had an excellent team, of course, but the number of favourable decisions they received was ridiculous.

Edit: their success was also due, in no small part, to the decisions their immediate rivals did not get in their favour.

4 Likes

eating a lot of pot noodles most likely

1 Like

I could spend more time with my kids, I suppose.

Leo and whatshisname…

6 Likes

All I have a right to demand of United is not allowing themselves to be a goal difference booster for our league rivals. I can live with a two goal margin to City.

1 Like