The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

His name is Ten Hag, just saying.

10x
once upon a time film GIF ?

It’s far more to do with it being a bad hire without a real brief than Ten Hag not wanting him there. Everything under the remit of a consultant already had a full time person in a role taking care of that part of the club and so the things people imagining Ten Hag doing were already being handled. Presumably they thought he’d be part of the manager search committee, but very quickly excluded him from that. He has been increasingly squeezed out in all areas and left flapping in the wind, and so seemingly just wants to get out as soon as he can and go and do something more rewarding. The question that doesnt have a clear answer is whether Ralf’s futility at Utd was the cause or consequence of being squeezed out in this way, and I suspect it’s a bit of both - hired to do a job with an unclear remit, with people soon realizing it was an unworkable situation, and his poor standing with the players and fall in reputation just made it easier for them all to squeeze him out of all the backroom stuff and get on with the jobs they were hired to do.

2 Likes

Coming to your screens in August.

Ten Hags confidence (even if misplaced) has to be commeded.

Especially when you look at the man utd squad and the other managers out there in Tuchel , Conte leave alone Pep and Klopp.

So, anywhere from 100 to 130 million euros, not counting in the wages, for two players that Ten Hag wants.

1 Like

I hope they get them.

The kicker being Barca hapoy to do the deal but frankie wants nothing to do with Utd

“United said: “Everyone at the club would like to congratulate Paul on his successful career.”

lol , yeah

1 Like

He was successful in pretending to be a footballer.

1 Like

I have already laughed at my first Utd supporting colleague re Pogba.

Anyone else get in quicker?

Won’t see my 1 Utd supporting collegue til Sunday, so I’ll let it build up for a week

The poor cunt’s not gonna know what hit him :rofl:

1 Like

Pogba loves United so much hes walked out of the club for free twice.

4 Likes

The double kicker is that Barca are likely only willing to move him on because they have so many younger (cheaper) players they play instead of him. If we go and get Gavi all of a sudden letting Frenkie go makes a lot less sense for them.

1 Like

I keep hearing us linked to Gavi, but I personally don’t see them selling him as they see him as their jewel.

If they sell him, the risk of the fans turning on the board become extremely high

1 Like

He’s in a contract situation that largely takes it out of their hands. Similar as happened with Thiago. I’m not sure how real I think the links are, but I dont think Barca’s ability to block it is the sticking point.

1 Like

FTFY

4 Likes

Getting paid what he gets for what he put out is a success

1 Like

His IG followership doubled in his time at Utd. It’s an overwhelming success.

2 Likes

He’s hugely successful in being a flop.
Also a roaring success in screwing ManUre twiiicccee.
Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN