The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Think Ten Haag will do well initially.

But

This doesnt paint a rosy picture.

1 Like

Ralf given the arse at the first opportunity the board got.

5 Likes

Think about that, how toxic that situation must be. Ralf could have filled his pockets with easy cash the next two years for simply giving his opinion or at the very least being a voice in the room. Instead thought better of it. Quite telling.

5 Likes

I think it is the other way round. When he took up the Austria role, there was an article saying he was unlikely to go ahead with the consultancy role.

Nah, He called out both the players and the board and upset a lot of precious petals, so have given him the flick I reckon

2 Likes

Money in football is so easy to come by that there really is no benefit from pocketing money at the expense of doing something you hate. I doubt the Austrian position will pay him more than the Utd consulting gig, but it allows him to walk away from a situation he clearly hated. For that money I would deal with another 2 years of hating my job. But a man like his with his opportunities (and likely career of already making good money) doesnt have to.

2 Likes

Sometimes you need cheering up, and sure enough, in come United right on cue…

3 Likes

Any news about Fletchers position?

safe apparently.

The old boys club and player power have protected all except Ralf according to Goldbridge

Good news!
My reading is that Manure haven’t and will never do what’s necessary.
Old whisky slogger remains their main consultant and his mouth piece remains in place. That old whisky nose has and will completely destroy that pile of poop! :partying_face:

6 Likes

So, Ralph has been given the ‘Spanish archer’. That worked out well for the football guru.

2 Likes

Its probably to do with Ten Haag not wanting to work with Rangnick in any viable capability. He spoke something to the tune of “as long as I have the final decision” when asked whether he will miss Rangnick.

Ten Haag has been to start off his reigns with being someone of a disciplinarian. He did the same at Ajax and it worked there. I am not sure whether it will work in a club like Man Utd where player power , power of ex players etc plays such a huge role though.

If ETH goes in swinging it will 100% make things worse.

Please let this happen.

5 Likes

How much are they giving him, the rumours suggest about 900m

Don’t think so. Everything I’ve read indicates it was Rangnick’s decision, rather than the club’s. Rangnick’s time at the club has shown he doesn’t have the final say on anything, that wouldnt change with the consultancy.

1 Like

Is that minutes :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s about forcing Rangnick to quit. When the company that employs you makes it certain that your input isn’t going to be valued. It’s not even about the final say. Then it will be in Rangnick’s best interest to get totally off the sinking ship.

Anyway great news for us. Rangnick is a good judge of talent and has great knowledge in scouting. He could have gotten them 2-3 transfers on the cheap. That won’t happen now and United will be forced to pay premiums to Ajax etc for the players that Ten Hag wants.

As I said, it was Ralf’s choice.

1 Like