The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

have they signed de jong and martinez?

Jamie Redknappp got the right idea. Redknapp: De Jong among top three midfielders in world

1 Like

He isn’t amongst the best three at Barca (I jest and don’t know if he is).

2 Likes

they have pedri gavi and busquets? plus xavi is manager. he might be 4th.

2 Likes

I didn’t want to start a argument off a joke hence why I put the caveat.

1 Like

i was left to think of who they have in midfield. i must have missed some. i got the joke :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d agree both Pedri and Gavi are showing far more potential mind.

1 Like

Just read the headlines of the articles on there for De Jong… I’d want our club to have walked away if there is any substance in his reluctance to move to our club.

2 Likes

BuT hE’s ThE bEsT mIdFiElDeR iN tHe WoRlD aNd TeN hAg WaNtS hIm….

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

3 Likes

I really love it if they go thru their preseason demolishing everyone and signing all their players they want and seeing them getting so hyped and seeing them still in mid table at December and them moaning and asking for ETH’s sacking again…that would please me so much more…

1 Like

Ronaldo to Saudi also in that rumour link. Someone needed to remind Ronnie that no matter how much money is involved, you won’t win the CL playing in the Saudi deserts whilst being used as the ultimate sport washing rag.

To be fair to him he is owed £17m in wages - if he goes he loses it.
I reckon the deal goes through and he will get £10m.
The issue is they cannot register any new players as his outstanding wages are taking them over the wage limit for the league.

United just agreed to sign that Ajax CB for £45m

I think some harsh reality has hit him in the past few weeks, and the rest of the footy world knows it now. None of the CL clubs that can afford him are interested. If he stays at ManU now, it is because he is staying for the money. Knowing that, the Saudis are testing what that trade-off is for him now.

My guess he stays, but not happily. It is one thing to force your way out, which he seems prepared to do, but he has nowhere to go.

1 Like

It puts United in a really shitty position too - do they try and sign a striker in case Ronaldo leaves, in the knowledge that if he stays the new guy will barely play? It’s a tough one. If he does go and they bring no-one in, they’ll be pretty screwed.

Shades of next season?

Sky Sports’ Papa Kuranchie:

‘‘Manchester United have shown great control and resolve in their second pre-season game of the summer. Leaving big score deficits in their wake, it is pleasing to see how Erik Ten Hag is beginning to shape his team as the ‘Red Devils’ are gearing up for next season. Today we have seen a Man Utd side that has successfully controlled a lead and showed great heart by coming back from a shaky start.’’

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: THE HYPE!

2 Likes

Against the mighty Melbourne Victory, no less!

1 Like

Yep - the likes of Ronnie and Pogba kidding on that they have the club close to their heart and care about the fans are chatting shit. Only interest they have his in themselves.

I really hope no CL club comes to his rescue, and Erik gets screwwed over trying to integrate Ronaldo with his plans. I wonder how his team mates feel about him too - cunt never turned up cos he thinks he’s better than the team - I’d tell him to Fuck off.

1 Like

The truly amazing thing is tht winning games in preseason will have the mdeia and fans expecting a title win. Meanwhile Melbourne Victory will consider the managers position after defeat to Man United seemingly putting the final nail in his coffin! :joy: (i made the last bit up but shhhhh)

1 Like

https://www.linkedin.com/in/papa-kuranchie-5ab365144/?originalSubdomain=uk

Yeah trainee you will remain…

I hope he refuses to move.

This is all due toi Barca being batshit crazy with their finances, so if he digs his heels in and refuses to move, then they have to suck it up and accept either paying someone they have no intention to use, or find a way to use him.

4 Likes

Calling @Sweeting to present a statistical analysis of the Barca midfield. This slapdash gut check of their midfield rankings cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged

2 Likes