The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Barca just announced Rahpina - but cant register him - Crazy to be allowed to sign someone like that.

De Jong says he dont want to move either as playing from dream club so why leave.

Poor Barca. Not.

3 Likes

Haha…sucks to be Martial

I think the most amusing thing is Barca fans complaining about disloyalty to the club…from the player they are trying to dump over the side. The deferred payment aspect is a no-win situation for them, if they pay him out it hits their wage budget.

I suspect the resolution will have to be Barca cutting what they realize from ManU on the transfer price, and De Jong getting a massive, massive signing bonus from ManU that is essentially what he deferred at Barca. Barca doesn’t seem to have arrived at that conclusion, and even it does happen it will be a millstone for De Jong if he struggles at all.

All in all, a really crappy situation De Jong finds himself in.

2 Likes

They appear to going for a modified Bobby Bonilla. What they’re looking for is flexibility…if they can honour the overall payment, but in a way they dont have to pay any of it this year that gives them flexibility to do something more with new players. The big problem is though they can only spend $1 for every 4 they cut. Assuming he is on a $250k basic, even if they get rid of it all for this year it only opens up room for 62k a week in new salary. Players can get that playing for Brighton, and as attractive a destination as they are, that is in at least part due to the money they pay.

Based on the way the calculations work, it is more valuable to Barca to get a good transfer fee as that is going to go further to removing the 1 for 4 limitation that is to steep a hill to do anything with in a way that allows them new spending.

Eriksen signed on 3 year deal.
2 years after he nearly died on a pitch and everyone loved him…he’ll now be hated :rofl:

Gutted for Brentford who gave him the chance to rebuild his career and he’s fucked them off for this shower of cunts.

4 Likes

Agreed, he can’t be short of cash, he could have done the decent thing and told Brentford he’d give them another season as a thank you for showing faith in him.

2 Likes

So who is pressing and tracking back out of Fernandes, Eriksen and Ronaldo? No one.

3 Likes

They’ll surely receive a nice chunk of money for their pains. Good business for them.

he was out of contract

Really? Well, I can’t really blame Eriksen for wanting to go to a bigger club, that’s football. It’s a bit unfortunate that he goes to OT, but well…

1 Like

He was on a six month contract, as far as I know.

1 Like

Yep free - and when he started training after his heart attach, it was with Ajax under Ten haag, so they have a relationship already.

As you say, makes sense, shame it’s old toilet. They needed to replace Mata I guess.

2 Likes

Agree with you . Seems a bit shitty because these other clubs wouldn’t give him a chance in january. I do get your point though especially at the age of 30.

2 Likes

I think he suited Brentford in the same way he used to suit Ajax. He was THE key player. IF they sign De Jong it will e interesting to see if he plays (eriksen).I can’t imagine a midfield 3 of fernandes, De jong and eriksen.

It seems to lack a defensive minded midfielder?

Hence i mentioned him as a Mata replacement. In the CDM role itll be one of McFred

Rashford?

2 Likes

I hope he fleeced them. The only person on that spurs side that I could actually like without feeling sick.

He helped keep them in the Premier League as a thank you for showing faith in him. I think it’s dumb as fuck for him to walk into a clusterfuck situation like United, but both parties (Eriksen and Brentford) clearly got what they wanted from the arrangement.

3 Likes

He hasnt fucked them off. He played out his contract and then moved on. Its worth noting that Brentford were only willing to commit to a 6 month contract themselves.

I’d also say the idea Erikson hasnt got the required work rate is one of those ideas that seems to be far more based on stereotypes than what he has done throughout his career. And no, his heart issue isnt going to affect his work rate moving forward.

2 Likes