The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Goldbridge melting. Glorious evening :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe they should have a boom bust cycle, never disappoints:

Match Day: Manchester beat some might mid table club.

The Cafe: wE aRe bAck lEtS sTaRt a tHrEaD hOw wE aRe cHaLlEnGiNg fOr tHe lEaGuE

Match Day: MU 1 PSG 3

5 Likes

This is why we won’t win the Championship League.

Legit post on the Caf. I haven’t touched it.

:thinking:

11 Likes

McTominay is a Poundland Matic.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking hell…he must be shit.

1 Like

It happens every week, I reckon Ole will scrap through with a draw but yeah they beat some one day like Southampton and they’ve turned the corner and then they lose again.

2 Likes

I thought they actually played well against both Southampton and PSG (until the second goal). There’s one type of football that Solskjaer likes very much and that is countering, which works well against attacking sides with balance issues - which PSG definitely is. Had Martial scored THAT, it would have ended three or four to one. Cavani must start for them, though, and it’s a matter of time before Solskjaer reinstates Greenwood in one of attacking roles.

1 Like

God damn it, I hate this situations Ole puts me in. Teetering on the brink between being shit and creditable leaves me struggling to ever know if I should enjoy their failures or wish for their successes to prolong the comedy.

On the one hand, crashing out at the group stage would be hysterical. On the other hand, getting through a group with PSG and Red Bull is nothing to be sniffed at. One favourable draw after that and all of a sudden he has a season with a CL QF on his resume and a reason for the Glazers to keep the faith.

Either way I win/lose.

7 Likes

Playing 2 DM’s because Maguire is wank so obviously they’ve no alternative but to counter on mistakes of teams attacking the fuck out of them.

2 Likes

You go fridge! :joy:

11 Likes

Probably explains his record against Man City but yeah if you play a Palace you’re not going face a team leaving their own half.

1 Like

You gotta love manure.
Always have the next George Best. Young kid with promise comes through. Has some good performances, everyone goes overboard, everyone else believes it.
Happened with Macheda?? He soon disappeared, Rashford good player not the genius he was made out to be and now it’s Greenwood.
OGS is a dead man walking. It’s sooner or later but it’s just a matter of time.

6 Likes

“He was lucky to stay on,” said Solskjaer of the first incident. “The referee made a mistake there but that’s allowed.”

Made me rather fume, this. This cunt has had the lion’s share of refereeing ‘mistakes’ go his and his team’s way starting with his time playing for Ferguson so of course it’s allowed in his mind.

1 Like

This is savage! :laughing:

20 Likes

One of the greatest mysteries of life will probably go unanswered until eternity ;

'Why oh why did Manchester United pay 80 million British pounds for a distinctly average central defender. ?

3 Likes

For what it’s worth , I happen to think Greenwood is worth the hype.

3 Likes

Daniel James when he scored in the initial couple of games last season. Depay was supposed to be the next Suarez for them.

1 Like

I get confused. Would we be in favour of United winning the Champions League so that they have to keep Ole?

I really need to know what my position should be on this :thinking:

1 Like

Winning? Definitely not. Neither league, nor CL. As far as keeping Ole is concerned, am happy as long as they are in the mix of say top 4 or beating some or other significant rivals here and there (PSG, City for example), but not winning or challenging for anything significant. Just enough to keep the false hope alive and fans always divided if he’s the best choice or not.

3 Likes

I think Rashford is brilliant as well. Substantially more than a ‘good player’.

5 Likes

Simple - to beat Man City to the punch. City won big time, making United spend all that, then going and getting Laporte, who in my opinion, is one of the best in the league, behind the huge shadow of King Virgil.

2 Likes